Stripping xxl black

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellishairbeauty

Reaction score
Xxl matt black put on every 4 weeks (all over for over 2 years) major product build up on the ends with 3 inch virgin shade 6.1

Target shade 6.3 with warm 7 highlights

Explained 2 client this will be a 5 or 6 appointment thing untill her hair is a at target shade.

One problem i cannot break through the black.
I took 5 test peices.

I retailed clarifying shampoo which she is using 2 times a week.

1. Pre lightner & 20vol
2. Pre lightnter & 30vol
3. Effasor & 20vol with heat
4. Affinage colour remover

All havent even budged the black. Not even to a red.

The pic is the effasor test peice.

Is there any other products out there (the hair is in fantastic condition)

I have one more test peice available to test on, ive never tested a black that doesnt even lift to a red? (my wholesalers do not stock matrix)

I think thats all the information u need...?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1394387639516.jpg
    1394387639516.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 586
What pre lightner are you using? INDOLA blue bleach normally bushes through anything but seriously compromises the condition of the hair. Is she having a lot cut off? If so it could be an option :)

Sean Collins Hairdressing Glasgow

I've seen this happen twice, sometimes it isn't going to come out!

Colour removers are the most conditioning way of removing and you can do them 3 times in one go. You probably wouldn't get a red tone coming through which is why it hard to see in a test piece. I would do it this way.

Sounds like her hair is totally stained black. If black colour is overlapped enough times it will become impossible to remove.

The colour will have been applied all over the hair up to 26 times for a total of 15 - 20 hours!

I'm thinking that she will have to slowly lighten the regrowth colour each time as the ends fade/ are cut out.

The other problem is that evan when the hair does begin lift it will be more and more stubbon the further down the hair shaft. I think it's gonna be a long term plan (like at least a year or two!!).

Must be really frustrating for you! Have you tried effasor and 30 vol? Thats generally advised for short hair only but if she's desperate and the hairs in great condition it might be worth strand testing?

Otherwise if nothing will budge it then as Adam said maybe just going with something like a base 5 quasi to soften the roots as it grows out :p x

Sorry 4 delay guys.
I use loreal plantine and platifitz bleach.

Ok ill use the last test peice with effasor and 30vol but her hair is at bra strap legnth and she will only let me nibble at the length (weve been growing out a concave bob for 18 months)

Ohh noo every1 says xxl coats the hair in a glue like silicone and is impossible to remove so maybe its just one of them cases!

Thanks for your response guys i will test effasor and 30vol and let you know how i get on. If not i will defo suggest just goin over the roots with a lighter colour and grow out.

Thank u! Xx

Xxl Vile stuff !!! I took some one from black to bright red looked fab then she re bleached and coloured red with xxl and ended up with breakage if someone wants black unless they have grey I always use a quasi

I don think it will be coming out in a hurry.

I've had two clients with xxl and when I've done test strands their hair become so stretchy & like bubblegum so I go no further.
Quite a few feeds on here about xxl, vile stuff!

Good news guys. After 3 weeks of using clarifying shampoo 2 times a week we managed to shift enough black for the pre lightner to work.
This is the end result. Pre lightner with 20 vol on back and sides and pre lightner 30vol along the parting i packed in lots and lots of foils and toned with dia richesse 7.01. I predict 2 more lots of foils for target shade. Health of the hair not compromised at all. Every1s happy!!

Attachments

• 1396137039856.jpg
    1396137039856.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 681
  • 1396137083085.jpg
    1396137083085.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 425
  • 1396137104513.jpg
    1396137104513.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 584
Clarify under heat 15mins a few times to get rid if the build up. After a few treatments try again with a bleach bath.

Hi colourgirly. How shall i apply? Wet the hair and clarify shampoo as normal then put under heat? Ive never known to do this but it makes perfect sense x

Rinse, towel dry, apply clarify and heat 15 mins.

I would say do this twice a week and use a conditioner with shampoo soluble silicone in it so that you avoid another build up. Then start the colour correction when you can see a change in the condition of the hair.

Thank u colourgirly. Will update with results in a few weeks!

Latest posts

Back