Strong Odor when removing Soak off?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeycure

Reaction score
So last week, I had this client who came in to remove a set of gels that she had done at another salon, and have a new set applied.

I checked to see if it was a soak off, and it was, so I went ahead and did the tin foil method to soak off. However, when I started filing, there was this really strong odor coming from her nails... and on top of that, the gels were not coming off very easily. They were getting all rubbery and soft, but they weren't filing off. It took an hour to remove most of it, but I couldn't get it all so I'll have to try again when she comes back.

Has anyone experienced this? It smelled like some weird spice.. like kim-chi, but I eat it all the time and I cook with spices a lot and my nails NEVER smell like that when I soak off.

Could it be the product? I asked her if she remembered what they used but she didn't.
Or do you think she soaks her hands in spices all day long? :D

Last edited:
Sounds like it could have been MMA to me...that stuff stinks and its a nightmare to get off.

Really? I thought MMA only came in L&P form

How do we know it wasn't L&P...? there are salons that will tell you its gel when it isnt...

Latest posts

Back