Struggling to decide what I should do in August RE what work option to take

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauraj

Reaction score
At the moment I am working as a teaching assistant but I don't really like it and when my contract ends in August I think I want to focus more on nails. I do nails mobile now but I don't really like it as I don't like going to other peoples houses, I don't feel very confident about going until I have been a few time and when I go the first time I am very nervous that I won't be safe which is a bit silly but thats me lol

So I would like to open a salon I have great plans for it and I've really been thinking through that option however I don't have any salon experiance. Now I am considering that I would like to rent a desk in another salon for a year or so to get some experiance first.

I also want to do some more training. At the moment I only do silk, fiberglass and L&P enhansments. I want to do my Manicure training ASAP as I feel that would be really important in a salon whether it was my own or elsewhere. I also want to do gel, a gel polish, sculpting pink and white l&p, shelac, minx and pedicures so I need to train for all those. Do you think I would be better to just do the manicure training and then do the others when I have started working in a salon and just add them to my list of treatments or should I do them all at once before I start which would be really expensive but I could start with everything, however then I might be taking too much on at once.

I hope someone can help me decide

As a salon owner, I would be looking at someone who could do a good set of acrylic nails, manicures, pedicures and shellac. Most important is that they are friendly, punctual, professional, good with clients, smart etc. Extra skills and courses are not necessary until you are working in the enviornment. Eg we rarely do a set of white tip acrylics in my clinic its all shellac round the corner its all white tips you don't know what they will want till you get there. Good luck and I bet you will love it in a salon x

Thank you, any ideas how I find a salon is there somewhere that they post when looking for someone? Should I be approaching local hairdressers to see if they have space? I have found somewhere possibly for a couple of days but I would like another place for a couple more days and then do mobile the rest of the time I think so I can continue with my regulars x

Latest posts

Back