Struggling with foils over Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
it should be so easy ..... mine are patchy!

what am i doing wrong? xx

I have just tried, and mine have come out dreadful! Shall upload a pic now! 🙈

These are mine! Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 417
are they meant to be like that? sorry i dont mean to be rude lol, i quite like them, they look a bit like camouflage nails xx

They look nice lol, if there meant to be full coverage hey ho, id never know

Sent from my HTC Desire 300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Some of them just weren't coming off! A few turned out okay, but it seems some colours seem to be stickier than others! Lol

Foils are my nemesis 😡 I've tried loads and always got a similar patchy result until I tried the Lecente foils. These come out perfect every time...even for me! Foils

Foils are my nemesis 😡 I've tried loads and always got a similar patchy result until I tried the Lecente foils. These come out perfect every time...even for me! Foils

I love the designs of the Lecente foils! I've been tempted to order some, but again, don't know what they will come out like! And I'm pretty tight when it comes to paying delivery! Haha! As you have recommended though, shall just have to pop a few in with my next order! ;)

I always find you get better coverage with deeper or darker colours. (Hope that helps?!)

Here's a pic of my first attempt with the Lecente ones - I was pleased :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 349
I like those! I shall defiantly add them to my next order! They look fab with the pink too! :)

Hopefully this will be of some use ladies? I did a video on behalf of Lecenté using their foils over shellac - there's a few tips on how to get a good coverage xx

http://youtu.be/HInIvSa-mXc

Hopefully this will be of some use ladies? I did a video on behalf of Lecenté using their foils over shellac - there's a few tips on how to get a good coverage xx

http://youtu.be/HInIvSa-mXc

Is there a reason why I would find working with the Lecente foils easy and yet struggle with others? Is it purely down to quality?

I do think the quality of the foil makes a difference. My Lecente foils come out perfectly over dark coloured Shellac (not always over ordinary polish when you need foil adhesive), it seems to be trickier over the paler colours. I think the sticky layer is not as sticky on some of the Shellac colours.

I find that if u a scrunch the foil up into a kind of ball and use a tweezer to kind of dab it on the sticky layer, it makes fab patterns. I love this one - midnight swim and teal foil ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422903620.154467.jpg

that looks really nice. i'm going to try that!

Stickiness seems to definitely vary in the colour, Purple Purple is nearly dry when it comes out of the lamp, no stickiness whatsoever?!

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

that looks really nice. i'm going to try that!

If u look on YouTube for a video from the fingernailfixer she shows u how to do it really well. Better than my rubbish explanation :)

I'm getting there with foils but there's still one Lecente foil - the peacock feathers one - that is always a disaster

Top Coat is my answer.
It gives a nice smooth finish and a perfect tacky layer every time!

Latest posts

Back