Struggling with Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautygirl1977

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've just started using shellac. Haven't been on a course yet but have it booked. I have used it on some clients and I'm struggling a bit. I can see how its different from gel polishes. Is it maybe because I'm just not used to it? It seems really thick consistency. It's new bottles and I've tapped them and shook them but it hasn't helped. Is it just like this? Really struggled to do a French today and its normally my favourite thing to do. Can anyone give me some tips until I do the course? Thanks

I find less is more with shellac ;-) I wouldnt worry too much it takes a while to adjust to all new things the course will give you lots of info and tips ;-) x

Thanks for the reply. Am I right to shake the bottle? My Cream puff is very thick consistency. Is this normal? Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Am I right to shake the bottle? My Cream puff is very thick consistency. Is this normal? Thanks
Yes it is normal, just give it a good shake for about 30 seconds. When you take the brush out of the bottle wipe the excess of the wand of the brush inside the neck of the bottle so it doesn't run onto the brush.iygwim. You need to do your french really nice and thin on the nail so make sure you have wiped most of the shellac from your brush. I hope I've explained that right for you. There is a great french shellac video tutorial Holly aka Fingernail fixer has on youtube which would really help you so take a look at that. hth:biggrin:

Hi guys, I've just started using shellac. Haven't been on a course yet but have it booked. I have used it on some clients and I'm struggling a bit. I can see how its different from gel polishes. Is it maybe because I'm just not used to it? It seems really thick consistency. It's new bottles and I've tapped them and shook them but it hasn't helped. Is it just like this? Really struggled to do a French today and its normally my favourite thing to do. Can anyone give me some tips until I do the course? Thanks

Hey. It's maybe the temperature. I'm finding my bottles are a bit cold and slightly thicker. I sit on the bottles while I prep. You could also put bottle under your arm. Hth x

Hey. It's maybe the temperature. I'm finding my bottles are a bit cold and slightly thicker. I sit on the bottles while I prep. You could also put bottle under your arm. Hth x

...or in your bra.... :wink2:

Thanks loads guys! I was thinking it was maybe because its so cold. Snowing again today! I'll have a look at Holly's French on YouTube. Thanks x

Latest posts

Back