Stuck on ideas :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bg1

Reaction score
Hey geeks I currently rent a room in a hairdressers and really need help. I started there in December so been there for 3 months but i am finding it quite hard to get clients. I have a lot of quiet days and days where I will have one client so overall not making much money. The hairdressers is on a main street but I don't think much people know I am here so I need some ideas on how I can let people know or anything would be helpful. I currently have a poster with offers up on the window and offer loyalty cards for clients who walk in and give the clients who come to get there hair done like a 5 pound of voucher and also do little recommendation cards.

Have you tried giving some freebies away to the hairdressing clients? something like a free hand/arm massage or do just the polish. i see you do massage maybe a quick 5min or 10min shoulder/ neck massage?? when your done the freebie give them the voucher and let them know your upstairs.

Are you doing any exchange of services with the hairdressers? you could do their nails one time for free as advertising or perhaps an exchange of services (you do their nails, they do your hair)

Hiya,

Do you have a website and a Facebook page??

You could always get some free business cards from vista print and deliver them around your area and Leave some in local shops etc...

Word of mouth is fantastic so do a prize draw (gets you potential client contact details), give a prize away (what treatment do you want to push the most) and a goody bag with all your details in. Everyone loves a freebie.

Just a few ideas to start with xx

Hey geeks I currently rent a room in a hairdressers and really need help. I started there in December so been there for 3 months but i am finding it quite hard to get clients. I have a lot of quiet days and days where I will have one client so overall not making much money. The hairdressers is on a main street but I don't think much people know I am here so I need some ideas on how I can let people know or anything would be helpful. I currently have a poster with offers up on the window and offer loyalty cards for clients who walk in and give the clients who come to get there hair done like a 5 pound of voucher and also do little recommendation cards.

Are you advertising anywhere else apart from the window of the hair salon? You could put flyers / ads up in local supermarkets, shops, libraries, schools, sports clubs?

Do you have a sign outside so that people know you're there? Otherwise the only customers you will ever get will be a small percentage of the ones who come in to the hair dressers.

Do you have a website or facebook page?

Could you ask the hairdressers to give a flyer to each of their customers with each receipt?

That's all I can think of for now - I hope that helps.

Hi
What area are you in , I might be able to help you.

why not stand outside of the salon one dinner time & hand flyers out to every person who walks passed! do it for one hour when you have no one booked in, get a friend to help you. maybe put a voucher on the bottom (10% off first treatment or something similar)

have you got flyers on the hairdresser counter downstairs? that is a must! if allowed by the salon owner obviously as think of how many hair clients will see it when they are at the desk paying.

set up a facebook page, advertise on it every day.

put some leaflets in shops, gyms, nurserys, church halls, weightwatchers meeting halls, etc..

have you got a website? If not set one up. you can even do free ones these days, I've seen some really good looking free websites too!

are you on yell.com? It's free to list yourself, they also add you into the yellow pages book on the next available issue.

Latest posts

Back