Studying beauty therapy next year, would I benefit most from an apprenticeship or full time?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashleighr123

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can advice me, I'm 18 currently studying level 3 extended diploma health and social care I've almost finished my two year course, I t hasn't really been for me but I'm really interested within a career within beauty therapy.

I'm wondering if it'll be best for me to find an apprenticeship/ trainee beauty therapy job within a spa or salon to learn through the 'hands on' approach or would it I benefit most from attending college full time, so that I can learn the basic skills and treatment then get a job after I've finished? If I do an apprenticeship I will be doing intermiadate level beauty therapy apprenticeship which takes 18 months, if I do full time college I would be doing level 2 intensive beauty therapy which takes a year. After the year or 18 months I'll consider doing advance apprenticeship or the level 3 course.

I also understand that the apprenticeship option would be harder for me to get into as I have no beauty therapy qualification behind me yet, but I would appreciate shone advice off of a professional. Many thanks

As an employer I would recommend you go to college and do beauty levels 2 and ideally 3. We kind of know what we're getting with this route and qualification. You're easy for us to add to our insurance and we usually know what your weak spots are. While you're at college, practice, practice and practice. As an employer I need staff to be able to wax and paint nails. You would not believe the applicants I see who simply can't paint nails.

Good luck x

Id say do your level 2 full time them your level 3 as an aprentaship as this was you can carry out level 2 treatments whilst training and gain experience. I have a couple of girls doing this who are just currently doing thier level 2 assessments then working through the summer with me so I can 'perfect' these skills and they'll then carry on and just go one day a week to learn the level 3 treatments

Thank you I found your response useful I'll consider the level 2 in full time college
As an employer I would recommend you go to college and do beauty levels 2 and ideally 3. We kind of know what we're getting with this route and qualification. You're easy for us to add to our insurance and we usually know what your weak spots are. While you're at college, practice, practice and practice. As an employer I need staff to be able to wax and paint nails. You would not believe the applicants I see who simply can't paint nails.

Good luck x

Latest posts

Back