Styling product to achieve this look

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missbad

Reaction score
Hi all

I am cutting my friends sons hair on Thursday. He wants billy joe look from green day (had to google pic as had no idea who he was lol).

I think I can manage the choppy look however what styling product would achieve the sticky out look with the wet look also.

Thanks x

i really like wellas crackle wax...its not as matt as a clay but does hold to give that meessy sticky out look with a bit of shine...also clynols fibre form is great for this too.apply to dry hair then give it a blast dry all over to mess it up..and a decent fixing spray if he wants extra hold...
also you could recommend the mini straighteners you can buy now...about 15 quid from sally's to straighten the bits out. you can get them in loads of colours (man colours too)
love this mans hair :Love:

Hi

Luckily I have not got to do this cut until tomorrow. But can anyone give me any advice on what kind of cut I should be doing.

Thanks in advance x

i google image searched and found a few different styles he had? a longer one a short one and a medium one LOLLL. . . . assuming it the shorter one i wud jus shape it into the back and graduate longer slightly from the back of the ear forward, leaving it longer on the top, really choppy from crown to half way across top o head and leaving it relativly heavy in the fringe with little layering but chipping the ends plenty. . . xx

i google image searched and found a few different styles he had? a longer one a short one and a medium one LOLLL. . . . assuming it the shorter one i wud jus shape it into the back and graduate longer slightly from the back of the ear forward, leaving it longer on the top, really choppy from crown to half way across top o head and leaving it relativly heavy in the fringe with little layering but chipping the ends plenty. . . xx

Thank you actually ive only just realised he has 3 different types as I only managed to find one lol.
Thing is he has a picture for me tomorrow good job he knows I am still training as im not sure about this one lol lol.
Thanks for all your advice.
x

What a nightmare, I totally did not achieve the look he wanted. I forgot all I had so far learnt. He looked more like he had a mop on his head.

The styling products just made his hair look all clumped up. I told his mum I would not charge but she said it looked nice. (out of politeness I think)

She then asked if I could cut her hair, Which I said yes as I have done her's before and it looked great. She has really long hair but she wanted lots of short layers in it to funk it up a bit or keep it smooth during the day.
Well i started cutting her hair and somehow i cut a big chunk out of the side. I wanted the ground to swallow me up. In my mind I was having a nervous breakdown. Anyway I finished the cut and she said it was lovely I dont think she noticed it but I felt so so bad. She had a play with it in the mirror then asked how much she owes me. Again I told her nothing as I did not achieve the style her son wanted. Well she gave me £20 and said she will look forward to her next cut.

I still feel awful My husband came with me as we are friend with her and her family and he said it looked great and I am just being very critical.

Because I am still in level 2 and training I always start worrying about hair cuts and the outcome. I am just wondering if I am cut our for this profession. Has anyone ever felt the same. x

yeah i have days like this still and i have finished level three and fully fledged lol. . . some days u jus have a bad day. . . i find if i think before or during a cut that i am unsure i will make a cock up, and have started realising that jus relaxing and gettin on with it really does help. . . being scared of new things is normal, but now u have done that boys hair and u know u arent happy with it, jus think next time u do it u will be able to do it differently knowing the technique u used mabye wasnt right this time, so look at it in a positive light and learn from it. . .
dont worry im sure u are doing jus great xx

Latest posts

Back