Suggestions for a very good hair treatment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candis

Reaction score
Im a hairdresser and recently had an awful experience in a salon ( always happens to me .... So frustrating!)
So now I'm left with snapping breaking straw like hair which unless I straighten and straighten some more looks half decent I can't leave it as my hair is too thick and frizzy
Apart from the blow dry which I will do but personally think that it's too weak at the moment so want to rebuild it first I use kerastase at the moment and aargan oils afterwards but want to see if any of u can suggest something miracle like!
I get psoriasis and itchy scalp with certain products so have to be careful it don't irritate me!!
Thanks for any advise u can give
X

Kerastase do some terrific masques and if you like that range why not stick with it?

Other great masques include the pureology hydrate, paul mitchell supercharge and redken is often recommended. Just make sure you use a good shampoo and protector too.

Thanks for the suggestions I do like kerastase but was hoping for an improvement a little quicker I used kerastase to restore my hair after a Yukon disaster some years back and it worked wonders but this time round. I'm still struggling will look into the others u suggested thanks xxx

If it is snapping, Redken extreme range is the very best I have found. Use the shampoo, conditioner AND antisnap. It will save your hair
Welcome - Indigo Hair & Beauty

Brilliant thanks for the advise always better to go on recommendations I find as I'm easily sucked in when reading about how wonderful they are on the net I'm a product junkie just love them! Thanks will buy tomorrow xx

I was recommended a protein treatment by our Afro caribbean stylist called aphogee, it's for Afro hair but as mine was very damaged she advised I use it one a month. I'd always used kerastese or kpak but this gave an unbelievable result straight away! Google it :) x

Ahh brilliant will google it now!! Thank u!!!
Wish I could rake my head off and do
My own hair very frustrating when ur a hairdresser ur self and it gets buggered up when ur paying good money in a salon gggrrrr

LOVE redken antisnap leave in treatment. Life saver also!

Best products ever!!
Get the.anti snap. Extreme shampoo. All sort conditioner and heat glide

Them products will build the condition up put the protein and moisture back in. If you use the extreme conditioner it can leave your hair feeling dry so moisture one is the best !

Craig Keane

Last edited by a moderator:
Protein treatment is what you really need, Matrix do 5+ pro topak, this is instant, and places protein in to hair and we use this on certain ladies, i would say start with doing 2 a week then on week 3 just once a week, and the results are amazing, they come in sachets and cost about £3.00 a sachet

Brilliant thanks for your help googles them all they look amazing! Love the sound of aphogee ( never heard of it before lol ) will defiantly be purchasing some quality products asap to mend my distressed hair and save it from the chop lol xx

Philip Kingsley elasticiser is amazing!!!!

Brilliant thanks for your help googles them all they look amazing! Love the sound of aphogee ( never heard of it before lol ) will defiantly be purchasing some quality products asap to mend my distressed hair and save it from the chop lol xx

Honestly when I went from red to White I had alot of snapping :( I used the aphogee and my hair felt like virgin hair I was amazed as I've spent hundreds over the years and tried so many treatments! Just follow the instructions and only use about once a month. Protein is the way forward! Good luck! X

It does look fab and read loads of good reviews online I'm going to sallys in the morning xx

I wanna try this too :)

JOICO definately one of the best treatments that actually does what it says, it stays in the hair instead of washing out and builds up the more you use it....if you read this science behind it you will see for yourselves :)

Latest posts

Back