Suggestions for an easier way?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jinnyjinbob

Reaction score
My client currently has CT 6/0 full head (naturally has a lot of warmth in her hair) with root retouch every 6/7weeks. She's due her retouch but also wants a full head of subtle highlights. We have chosen the toner and will be lifting her highlights from a 6 to a level 8 and then toning with CT 8/73. my usual method would be to foil the woven highlights with Blondor and pastel developer then flood between the foils with the 6/0 on her roots. Then tone the highlights after. However I'm thinking as I'm only lifting 2 shades some of her lower foils will have lifted to the 8 level before others and before the 6/0 has had its full development time. I'd usually open the foil packets and dry wipe the bleach of to prevent further lift. Wondered whether anyone else had any other methods / easier options?
Sorry for long winded post! Thanks x

Do the regrowth tint first then put the foils in after wards. Much more subtle. Or even balayage after regrowth x

I would use a very low level peroxide with your bleach. Iv even used 1.5% for very slow lifting whilst I'm flooding colour x

Bleach and pastel for the back them maybe 3% for sides x

I would use a very low level peroxide with your bleach. Iv even used 1.5% for very slow lifting whilst I'm flooding colour x

Can't believe I'd never thought of this! Don't have any 1.5 but I could dilute my 3% with water? x

Can't believe I'd never thought of this! Don't have any 1.5 but I could dilute my 3% with water? x

Yes I suppose you could, not sure what the ratios are to do that though x

Latest posts

Back