suggestions on polish colour please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sprinkles

Reaction score
hi everyone

I've offered to give my neighbour a manicure for christmas, but she's a nail biter and I was wondering, what colours do you think look best on very short natural nails?

i prefer pale or pastel colours, nothing too striking as it draws attention to the fact you have no nails! But its up to her i suppose, she might not care and if she wants bright red then you will probably have to give her bright red lol!

either no polish at all and bring them up to a lovely natural shine or if she wants polish you could use something like Beau or Negligee (cnd), they are pale pink with a bit of coverage, really flattering colours without showing off how short the nails would be.

I think it depends on the person and their personality. And also how badly bitten they are. I have seen some really great looking very short nails in dark colours like the ones in the Exhibit collection.

If you have any recollection of the Legacy collection - the picture used there was of a girl with short nails wearing the dark brown (Family Secret)

If you have a bold colour on the short nails then it might act as a flag of warning as they are heading for her mouth LOL.

the exibit are great colours for short nails when i dont have my "nails" on i wear dark colours i find they suit my short nails better than pale...the dark colours make my fingers look sleaker

I would definitley go for a darker colour, a darker colour always seem to compliment shorter nails I find and these are the in colours for this season.....something like nail noir or limited edition or cuppa joe from the exhibit collection.
David

Jaydee said:
I would definitley go for a darker colour, a darker colour always seem to compliment shorter nails I find and these are the in colours for this season.....something like nail noir or limited edition or cuppa joe from the exhibit collection.
David
i have got limited edition on...lush

*JOANNE* said:
i have got limited edition on...lush

Your just so in fashion this season Jo and I bet you're looking even more stunning wearing limited edition...lol.
David.x

I think that normally Alison (my neighbour) would probably prefer a more natural look, but as it's crimbo time I wanted to be able to suggest a colour for her,

I don't have any of the Exhibit colours (damn, damn, damn!) but do have CND Spike, do you think this would be a suitable alternative?

Yep Spike is also a good colour for this season and will also compliment short nails
David

Jaydee said:
Your just so in fashion this season Jo and I bet you're looking even more stunning wearing limited edition...lol.
David.x
even more stunning now i picked up my librarian glasses today:eek:
you make me larfff cheeky blighter

Hi,

I know this isn't specifically relevant for now, but if your client wants to grow her nails for the future I really recommend Sally Hansen Maximum Growth. A friend recommended it to me, and within two weeks of using it I had nails I could at least file the rough edges from, and then I didn't want to bit them anymore. I started using it in September 05 and I now have to file them shorter, and manicure them myself once a week.

If, like me, your client doesn't find the nasty tasting stuff a deterrant, she might find this useful.

Again, sorry if that wasn't really relevant, but I keep passing the tip on!

Gertrude
:D

I tend to stay away from products that contain formeldahyde as it can have the opposite effect and dry the nails out so that they become brittle. I would try using Toughen Up which contains no formeldahyde or toulene but is cross linking and mimics the natural nail.
David

I am quite keen on spike on short nails always use this on my mums and she loves it...

:hug: thanks for your help geeks, think I will suggest negligee for natural or spike as best colour.

of course if she wants something like red or gold then I shall smile and oblige!!lol

Latest posts

Back