Suicide on the web

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Posh Paws

Reaction score
You know i have been reading a thread on here today and its been a real shock not only to me but probably alot of other geeks..... Did we all respond appropiatly? ...
I also read in todays news paper "daily mail" about the suicide....... live on the web cam
OMG ......

A man was using a chat room, he had lots of problems and was quiet depressed, he obviously went here to find someone he could talk to, instead he was encoraged to fall deeper into his depression and take his own life :eek:

It has made me think alot about the threads that we post and the people who read them ....
how do we know we are talking to who we think we are talking to?
If someone doesnt like what we post how do we deal with it ?
Are we in a safe place ?
I know there is a thread about watching what we post as visitors often read but does it ever make you geeks wonder ....??

I think that non of us should every post too much info on our personal lifes on here because although we think we know everyone there are lots and lots of lurking geeks who never post but could be checking details etc

Yeah totally agree, but on another point and not mentioning any names, some people seem a little slow. Sometimes I wonder whether if when we dont agree with what some people are saying, great care should be taken in how we respond.

I sometimes fear for the sanity of some folk and feel that they are not of a stable mind although appearing to be "normal"

I hope this makes sense and please do not ask me to elaborate!! lol! :lol:

I hope this makes sense and please do not ask me to elaborate!! lol! :lol:

Well of course we'll ask now lol! It's like saying don't think of a pink elephant ... and of course you immediately do!

Even such things about saying you are going on holiday, or out for the night ... and you have a home salon, with a website link on here with all your home address details!! Have to say I never put my house number on any literature of mine now! I do try to be diplomatic how I reply to people .. but just once in a blue moon someone really fries my noodle and my temper flares! I'm human!

I have only ever been really scared once by the response of someone on here. It did quite frighten me, but it was in pm's and all is okay now. I did worry that Id have a boiled bunny, or horse's head on my doorstep for a while though!

wasnt me was it sass ?
...ive still got that horses head in the garden ..must remember to post it next week :green:

i read that some of the people who goaded the man itno doing it , were joking and didnt reaslise he was serious , they were his friends ....
totally belivable as when i was very down the other week ....not one of my friends knew , but loads of geeks did !

i think that is a good point about not putting your home number on your web etc ....
i will remember that one when i do mine thankyou xxx

I dont think I made myself clear - Sassy I completely understand and agree with what your saying and when you are this passionate about something, at some point someone will say something that gets your goat! lol! I hadn't even thought about it from a violence or nasty point of view.

What I was sort of saying was, I have just noticed that one or two people do not react "normally", they huff & puff and are perhaps a little immature. I don't think I am making sense!! But with the information that you can gather from a persons threads/websites etc you get the impression that they are easily lead and perhaps a little delicate.

Hope this makes it a little clearer :lol:

Jacqui

Have I been away too long? I am lost:confused:..........hi eveyone by the way, hope you are all well.
x

What I was sort of saying was, I have just noticed that one or two people do not react "normally", they huff & puff and are perhaps a little immature. I don't think I am making sense!! But with the information that you can gather from a persons threads/websites etc you get the impression that they are easily lead and perhaps a little delicate.

Jacqui

Ah yes I see what you re saying now, yes let's just say we do get a wide variety of characters here!

I dont think I made myself clear - Sassy I completely understand and agree with what your saying and when you are this passionate about something, at some point someone will say something that gets your goat! lol! I hadn't even thought about it from a violence or nasty point of view.

Jacqui

I got ya!!

Teri x:hug:

Latest posts

Back