Sulphate free shampoo?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol at the threads tonight, interesting but a bit funny too haha! xx

You obviously do?!?! You also need to update you're profile before giving anti salon pro produce.... If you we're trained in hair are or beauty you would not be on a mission to slander them given they are scientifically proven to restore and improve hair and skin etc...

Anyway Hun, joico colour endure and smooth cure are both sulphate free, I've not used any others however i am in love with joico and highly recommend xx need to be used correctly :)

Ummmmm!!! I was joking! If you check I'm promoting sulphate free! ;-/

I've used, Joico, Aveda, now I'm in love with Paul Mitchell. I'm very well versed in the ingredients of all these ranges, only ever used the colour and products together, never mixed and matched across brands. My point is, again, y'all need to read the ingredients on the products and actually research what they are, what they do, and where they come from.

It's incredible what you can do with a bit of clever wording and a great marketing campaign.

Shampoo HAS to contain Sulphates, it's the quality of the sulphate that is key. The same goes with ammonia free colour....

I've used, Joico, Aveda, now I'm in love with Paul Mitchell. I'm very well versed in the ingredients of all these ranges, only ever used the colour and products together, never mixed and matched across brands. My point is, again, y'all need to read the ingredients on the products and actually research what they are, what they do, and where they come from.

It's incredible what you can do with a bit of clever wording and a great marketing campaign.

Shampoo HAS to contain Sulphates, it's the quality of the sulphate that is key. The same goes with ammonia free colour....

Ummmm..... Ammonia free colour doesn't contain ammonia... The clues in the name! What it does contain is chemically similar ingredients..... That isn't the same....
Some chemicals that are used in products are synthesised copies of naturally occurring compounds... Using the naturally occurring version seems to make far more sense than a synthesised version which quite often a by product of the petroleum industry....
I do research my products..

Ummmmm!!! I was joking! If you check I'm promoting sulphate free! ;-/

In that case i take it back... Didnt seem it apart from your first post. But I am sorry... Got you mixed up xx

Thanks!
;-)

They cannot put across it sulphate free, if it has sulphate in it... False advertising. Same with ammonia free colours.

The sulphate does not NEED to be in it, but you are right in the amount and quality of it this is especially true in salon pro vs supermarket standards for every ingredient xx

Are you generally this argumentative and blinkered, or is it just the full moon?

Perhaps well let everyone make their minds up about that..... You've made 8 posts on this site all on this thread........ ;-)

And perhaps the passive agressive nature in which your conduct yourself is the reason for people not posting often. Gold star for having nothing better to do than post on a forum.

Can you all quote who you are referring too,

This thread is going round in circles,

Are you generally this argumentative and blinkered, or is it just the full moon?

I know you're narked and i would be if i got your welcome, I do respect everything you have said and like you said in your post that mentioned you not enjoying the welcome (I hadn't yet commented so couldn't fall into that) but please don't jump at me in your understandably narked mood as i am genuinely behind you (mostly)

Buuuuut ammonia free are ammonia free but are substituted with a more harmful ingredient as ammonia is needed to do a job and isn't actually that bad for the hair, that's the media jumping in making people believe ammonia free is the only way being fooled into using more harsher prods thinking theyre better when they're worse. Only true ammonia free can be non lift colours. Joico chrome is ammonia free :)

But I like you. Don't be put off posting/replying. There just seems to be a lot of narrow minded people (new people at the mo) im happy to have discussions and accept im wrong if I am :) I don't argue xx

Can you all quote who you are referring too,

This thread is going round in circles,

I was about to say that lol xx

And perhaps the passive agressive nature in which your conduct yourself is the reason for people not posting often. Gold star for having nothing better to do than post on a forum.

You are just being silly now. There's no need for that. We are all just pointing out where your information is wrong. We all have plenty of other things to do but enjoy educating and helping other hairdressers with correct information. Its was this forum is for!

Okay, I'm sorry I appologise to you all. Just not the most welcoming bunch are you...

So my information is wrong. I have only wanted to say that any foaming agent is a sulphate, if you want a foamy shampoo you need a foaming agent.

Re: Ammonia, the synthetics they use to replace it is actually far more unstable, giving unpredictable results. It's a known issue facing a few companies as the moment, this is information from my PM rep.

Okay, I'm sorry I appologise to you all. Just not the most welcoming bunch are you...

So my information is wrong. I have only wanted to say that any foaming agent is a sulphate, if you want a foamy shampoo you need a foaming agent.

Re: Ammonia, the synthetics they use to replace it is actually far more unstable, giving unpredictable results. It's a known issue facing a few companies as the moment, this is information from my PM rep.

Thought you said Reps would fill us with a load of marketing bull just to get us to buy whatever thay want??

No, what I just said was companies are currently having issues with synthetic ammonia. She's not trying to sell me anything, just keep me up on the current industry news and issues.

All my clients love Pureology as do I. You notice a difference from the first wash. I used Joico colours for a short period of time and again love the range. Its hard for hairdressers and consumers because there is a lot of marketing out there and words used to trick or fool us but I still believe buying professional products sulphate or no sulphate is far better than buying supermarket shampoos/products. I was also told by a rep sulphate actually blocks the hair follicles which results in hair thinning as if follicles are blocked new hairs won't grow through...

Hey all, long time lurker, first post here. But had to jump in on this one as I'm a bit of an ingredient nerd! Could I ask the reason for avoiding sulphites? SLS isn't all bad, and has had some bad press... The main reason it's in products is to produce a foam/lather, people love the foam!

There was some 'research' conducted that said it could cause cancer, but if you took any chemical - synthetic or natural, and spun the research in the right way it could show ANYTHING causing cancer!

What is really important, and we must remember is SLS, and parabens equally have been safely used in products for the last 90 years or so, where as they new synthetic chemicals replacing them haven't got as much knowledge or background on the long term effects that they could possibly have! The best thing I find is to educate guests on why Parabens and SLS exist in products, and why they're actually better than other options...

I'll shut my trap now. :D
A great first post :) x

All my clients love Pureology as do I. You notice a difference from the first wash. I used Joico colours for a short period of time and again love the range. Its hard for hairdressers and consumers because there is a lot of marketing out there and words used to trick or fool us but I still believe buying professional products sulphate or no sulphate is far better than buying supermarket shampoos/products. I was also told by a rep sulphate actually blocks the hair follicles which results in hair thinning as if follicles are blocked new hairs won't grow through...

That thinning part deserves more investemagating :) anyone know any truth behind that??

Latest posts

Back