Sum Up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah x

Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone know if I can take card payments over the phone using sum up?
I’m fed up of no shows and cancellations so I wondered if when they ring up and book appointments I can take a deposit over the phone? X

Thanks x

Hi,

No you cant, to do this you need to have a merchant account with someone such as sagepay, worldpay and get a card reader which enables you to take payment off phone.

Also you have to use an encrypted phone line in order to take phone payments otherwise you can receive a heavy fine for compromising data.

Sumup is just for in person payments.

why don't you try just having a paypal business account?
then that way all you need is a email and they can pay via a link that you send.
it's great i use it instead of sumup most of the time because you recieve the payments instantly.

why don't you try just having a paypal business account?
then that way all you need is a email and they can pay via a link that you send.
it's great i use it instead of sumup most of the time because you recieve the payments instantly.
Downside to this is it’s super easy for them to get their money back.

Downside to this is it’s super easy for them to get their money back.
Never even thought of that to be honest!
I usually only use it for deposits for hair extensions. Just so I can get the hair ordered asap!

How about bank transfer?

Hi

Does anyone know if I can take card payments over the phone using sum up?
I’m fed up of no shows and cancellations so I wondered if when they ring up and book appointments I can take a deposit over the phone? X

Thanks x
Hey if you had a booking system you can add it onto the service. either by cancellation fee, deposit or full prepayment. Booksy offers all of these and doesn't cost the world. It also does reminders for your clients so it reduces your no shows. Any questions drop me a line or message us online xx

Latest posts

Back