Summer Fair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elegant

Reaction score
I am doing nails at a local school summer fair next weekend and have lots of ideas after reading through all the threads on the site. The only thing I am struggling with is how to set my pricing....I am thinking nail painting £2.50 - £3 for children & £5 for adults which I think seems ok however up to what age do I class as a child as there are probably going to be a lot of teenagers, 6th form etc there and was wondering if anyone has any advice from past experiences. Thanks xx

Make sure you keep everything out of their reach,it often becomes a free for all,while you are painting,the other children are opening the bottles and trying it on themselves.Dont let them touch.

Make sure you keep everything out of their reach,it often becomes a free for all,while you are painting,the other children are opening the bottles and trying it on themselves.Dont let them touch.

I can imagine that happen. :irked: But Elegant sounds all good to me.

Gillian, I had never even thought of that gonna be so careful.

Thanks so much ladies, have you had much experience of doing Summer Fairs? If I am charging a price for adults & children do you think I should state an age for children, ie Adults £5, Children (16 and under) £2.50-£3.

I'm really not sure what to do :confused:

Remember to take wipes and hand sanitizer! When I did a fair I found their hands were so sticky from all the sweets they eat at the fair - they really were bad. So hand them a wipe and then a dollop of sanitizer!

I let the school set prices as all the money was going to them (my children were at the school at the time). If you're going to charge different prices how about under 10s (tiny nails), 11 to 16 and over 16?

Remember to take wipes and hand sanitizer! When I did a fair I found their hands were so sticky from all the sweets they eat at the fair - they really were bad. So hand them a wipe and then a dollop of sanitizer!

I let the school set prices as all the money was going to them (my children were at the school at the time). If you're going to charge different prices how about under 10s (tiny nails), 11 to 16 and over 16?

Great advise about the wipes. I will remember that one! Thank you.

Oh yes, the free for all. I've had that happen. Then they don't screw the lids on tightly and when you pack everything away you find half of them leaking everywhere. Definitely keep them out of sight and let people choose colours using colour pops or wheel if you have them.

I think the age thing could be messy. How about £3 for primary aged girls and anyone in high school and up £5? 17 year old's are going to lie and say they're 15 otherwise.

Thanks for all the advice it's been a great help. :D

Latest posts

Back