Summer Fetes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HayleySullivan

Reaction score
Another geek has told me about doing summer fates.

Has anyone else ever done these and if so what does it involve? I was thikning of doing childrens nails - with nail stickers and a top coat (As suggested by another geek) and charging a small price for this. And while I am there will make up gift bags to give out to the mums for the bio sculpture nails that I do?

WHat does everyone think - and what do I need to knnow?

Is it best to ring the schools to find out if they have a summer fate and when it is and if I can set up a stall for nails - or write a letter? Am unsure how to go about this?

Thanks

hi, I have thought about doing this too, put a few flyers out around local school prom night which drummed up quite a bit of buisness, all the girls seemed to want their nails doing! to match their frocks!! might be worth a ask around the secondary schools in your area.

Hi

I am doing a school fete and I will be doing gel toes, I have a special offer on for this event only and I am hoping to get lots of bookings also I will have gift bags to hand out with a few goodies in them.

Sue :)

hi, sorry seemed to have made a mistake sending reply!! I handed leaflets to a freinds daughter, who gave them too her friends, I just did polish, added a few coloured gems to complement their outfits. But it did drum up quite a bit of buisness. One of the girls asked about a birthday pamper party too which I hadnt thought of doing. Only manicures and toe nails, but your idea of a goody bag would go down well. Good luck . sue

:)hi i do a few fetes, best to call you may have to find the right person with a few calls. however in my area it seems the schools all seem to have summer fayres around the same one or two dates so you have to pick who to do.

i think your idea is fab another idea would be to do a small questionaire ie. where do you go for enhancements etc? what do you lookfor when choosing a tech (a) ability/reputation or (b) cost/special offers.? do you have a special occasion you may need your nails done and date? follow with name, address and email and tel number. as a thank you for completing the research questionaire offer to select one person which you will draw and do their nails free of charge.

the info you have gathered then tells you who your competitors are, whether they mind paying for quality or it may be worth contacting when you have a special offer. any up and coming occasion worth calling and asking met at such and such school fete wondered if you have organised your nails for (the occasion). you also have data to contact by email, mailshots and special offer leaflets etc so much.......:confused:

Latest posts

Back