Sunbed burn

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scissorz

Reaction score
Hi geeks just popped over from hair to ask a question, I went on a sunbed yesterday for the first time in years, I'm olive skinned so I thought 12 mins would be fine, but I'm sure them things have got stronger since I last used them as I am now slightly burnt on my back!! What would you advise to put on it to cool it down and avoid blistering? Thanks in advance :)

Aloe vera gel or after sun are always good. It may be the bed had been retibed or if you haven't had a sunbed for a while you could have done with doing a shorter time. Hope it's better soon x

After sun is great but you really need to lower your timings! Start at 3 mins and work up you can always alternate 3 and 6 mins each time you go on the beds

when I first stepped up to doing 9 mins ages ago I'd start with my usual 6 and then if I felt I could stand another 3 mins the token was there if I wanted to slot that one in xx (I'm olive skin too and have never tried 12 mins)

After sun is great but you really need to lower your timings! Start at 3 mins and work up you can always alternate 3 and 6 mins each time you go on the beds

when I first stepped up to doing 9 mins ages ago I'd start with my usual 6 and then if I felt I could stand another 3 mins the token was there if I wanted to slot that one in xx (I'm olive skin too and have never tried 12 mins)

Thanks for the advice girls, I used to go on the beds regular an did build it up but last night was just a quick fix as I'm out on Saturday! I used to always do 12 mins years ago, I'm half Asian so I never burnt before not even when I lived in Tenerife for 2 years :)

Latest posts

Back