Sunbed or spare room?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystaltash

Reaction score
Geeks, if you had the choice what would u do? Choose to have 4 treatment rooms when u only had 3 therapists (1 of which is part time but hopefully going full time before Christmas) or have 3 treatment rooms and get in a sunbed?Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Xxx

I have sunbeds and my advice is this...

Sunbed users know a good sunbed when they find one. If your bed isn't good, it won't get used. You should find out if there are other salons with sunbeds near to you and if so, you'll need to make sure your bed is as good as or better than theirs.

They're expensive and use tons of electricity so don't invest unless you're sure it'll be used.

Oh and... before getting a sunbed, you should check if it needs to run on 3 phase electricity. If it does and you don't have it, it costs around £3000 or so to convert from single phase (you can get beds that run on single phase).

On a brighter note... my beds have been pretty much non-stop since just after lunchtime today. There are a lot of people wanting to use sunbeds even when the sun is shining.

Aw this is great advice hun, thank u. No salons around me have sunbeds so it's good that way.
It's a hard decision to make. I hate them myself, but I know they are still very popular. I just don't know an awful lot about them.

I have sunbeds and my advice is this...

Sunbed users know a good sunbed when they find one. If your bed isn't good, it won't get used. You should find out if there are other salons with sunbeds near to you and if so, you'll need to make sure your bed is as good as or better than theirs.

They're expensive and use tons of electricity so don't invest unless you're sure it'll be used.

Oh and... before getting a sunbed, you should check if it needs to run on 3 phase electricity. If it does and you don't have it, it costs around £3000 or so to convert from single phase (you can get beds that run on single phase).

On a brighter note... my beds have been pretty much non-stop since just after lunchtime today. There are a lot of people wanting to use sunbeds even when the sun is shining.

Hi I was researching sunbeds as I am looking to get one for my salon. Flesh & Bone you seem to know a fair bit about them. I only have a single phase supply and was wondering if you could tell me what you consider the best beds VTU's to be? Also what do you consider a good sunbed?

If anyone else can answer my questions that would be great too.

Latest posts

Back