Sunbeds...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise

Dizzy geek
Reaction score
Hi all,

I has an appointment with my hairdresser today & it was my 1st look at the l&p nails i had done on the junior there.

I was really pleased only a little lifting on a couple of nails.

However some looked a little discoloured she said she uses a sunbed.

Could this be it if so what advice can i give?

Thanks x

Hi Louise,

As far as I know sun tan lotions can cause discolouration of the L&P. As you are an EZ Flow technician, you could try the 'never yellow sealer' top coat to protect the nails. You can also try to seal the nails with a gel top coat, for example 'finish it!' by EZ Flow. Don't know if this works and you'll need a UV lamp.....

Hope this helps.

Louise G.

hi Louise,
are you sure its the sunbeds that causing yellowing? i go on most days and mine don't yellow, but i do a lot of clients who are hairdressers and messing with hair dye's will stain when not wearing gloves.

Hi..

I use a sunbed with lotions an arful lot (more than i shoul ooopppp) and i dont get any yellow discolouration but whrn i did my mother in laws hair i ended up having to remove and start all over again because the dye coaused mayhem..

Could be sun bed, could be tint, did you finish with UV30 which would protect the nails from the UV of the sunbed?

Hi Louise,
I apply L&P enhancements and alot of my clients also use the sunbed.. When i first started doing nails i found a few of my clients got yellow nails after being on holiday/sunbeds etc.. So i decided to eliminate things one by one.. Luckily i started with the top coat, and changed it from a cheap one to OPI Rapid Dry - I have never had a problem since..
Hope you resolve your problem
Cheers x x x

Latest posts

Back