Sunflower nail dust extractor

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

::Natasha::

Reaction score
hi girls!

my friend and i are interested in buying an extractor each - and i just wanted some input on it from you girls.

is it really big / get in the way?
is it loud?
is it really worth the almost $300?

any input would be fabulous!
thanks, girls!

I have not used it myself, but one of my friends had. I do not like it. It is quit big and you'll have to clean it between every client. It is only for dust and not for fumes.
But I am spoiled, i have the purex table and think it's fantastic, also (I work from home) my husband and kids love it because of the smell it takes away.

Minette

As per this site

VIDEO : Nail Dust Collector, Nail Dust Remover by BAUUSA

it removes "odours" as well as dust.

I will contact them directly to enquire about "vapours"...........

This is quoted from their site regards their filters

Sunflower MultiPack Filters
The filter for Sunflower 2 is composed of 3 layer filters to maximize the cleaning power! 1. Outermost: regular dust filter 2. Middle: carbon filter to absorb the smelly order 3. Innermost: regular dust filter Remember to change the filters regularly to maximize your Sunflower's full potential.

I have one. It is big but I swing it over when I need it for filing and then back out of the way. I've used it with l & p as well as gel and IMO it does nothing for the smell of the vapors.

S

I actually own one too. I LOVE it! I just recently changed out my tables that were vented for glass top tables. I needed something to help with the dust. This is amazing. It's not loud at all. It collects most of the dust. It's a bit bulky, but not a single client has complained. They love it too. I clean the filter at the end of the day...not after every client. I would buy it all over again...it's worth every penny!

We've not tested this but I am skeptical. The carbon filter in the Purex table is approximately 18" square and 2" deep. Another standalone unit made in Sweden by industrial filter experts Filtronic is of a similar size. Now if these guys could reduce their design to a smaller size and not reduce the effectiveness and safety, wouldn't they do this?

I bought a Purex table. Gambling with my darling wife's health and that of her clients, simply wasn't a consideration.

We've not tested this but I am skeptical. The carbon filter in the Purex table is approximately 18" square and 2" deep. Another standalone unit made in Sweden by industrial filter experts Filtronic is of a similar size. Now if these guys could reduce their design to a smaller size and not reduce the effectiveness and safety, wouldn't they do this?

I bought a Purex table. Gambling with my darling wife's health and that of her clients, simply wasn't a consideration.

Is it possible to buy just a purex filter/kit to install in an existing table?
It's not feasible for me to get a purex all the way over here from over there... but I am desperate to deal with this dust & vapours issue.

Any suggestions?

Not available here.
Need something US or preferably, Canadian :cry:

I contacted Bauusa and enquired about the sunflower removing/filtering vapours.

This is their response.

Thank you for the inquiry.

I do not think Sunflower catches "Vapor". It has cloth based active carbon filter inside. The filter might catch a little bit of moisture because it is cloth based, but I do not think it takes the whole vapor. I think you need a duct system from HVAC people to get rid of whole moisture.

If you have any question, please let me know.

Latest posts

Back