Super cool base 8

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairstylist2010

Reaction score
got a natural base 7 client who wants a super cool base 8, she's bleach through the ends and tinted over with an 8,1 which she loves but the roots go too warm despite toning with 9,11 dia. I did bleach highlights through part last time but to do them all over each time then to tone is expensive for her and time consuming, I'm using Indola or majirel as my existing colour house is too warm X thanks ladies

Hiya!
What peroxide level are you using for the roots? As that can cause warmth X

10vol as not lifting much xx

Toning a base 8 with a base 9 won't neutralise warmth completely as the tonal qualities in a base 9 are lessential intense than the 8. You would need to tone with a base 8.
Sounds like you need to choose a cooler colour for the initial application.
If it is too warm as in gold then violet. And if it's to warm as in copper then pearl.

I use the 9,11 to get the bleach super cool to help the overall colour look flatter x

I'm using an 8,1 even used an 8,9 in the colour range I use which is corpse grey still kicking up some warmth

Base 7 naturally

I'm using an 8,1 even used an 8,9 in the colour range I use which is corpse grey still kicking up some warmth

Do you think it could be because you're using 10vol so you're not getting enough lift and thus your tone in the 8 isn't enough to counteract it?

Try 8/69 in wella illumnia

I'd try 8/81 colour touch.

Unfortunately if shes not willing to pay to get the colour she wants, theres not much more you can do.

Do you think it could be because you're using 10vol so you're not getting enough lift and thus your tone in the 8 isn't enough to counteract it?
Ooh I might try with 20vol see if it helps, was going to try mixatone in it too

You see I would of thought 20 would kick up more warmth? X

You see I would of thought 20 would kick up more warmth? X

No because if you haven't actually lifted to an 8 the tone in an 8 won't be strong enough for anything darker. I'd also recommend adding mixtone too anyway.

Latest posts

Back