Supporting a charity

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClaireL

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Next year I have two charities I want to support through my business. Do I need to contact the charities first or can I just send in a check after Ive done the promotions, Im thinking for example one of them is Firbomyaglia Awareness and the colour for Fibro is purple I was thinking for each purple nail treatment etc I donate £2 or do a raffle £1 a ticket winner gets a HD Brow treatment or nails etc will the proceeds going to these chairties. This is not to gain new business its as I believe in these charities and want to support them

Thanks

I am a volunteer for fma UK and a local cancer charity both are happy to receive cheques of money raised but if you let them know they may provide posters/literature/collection tins etc to make it look more official to your clients x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I agree you can do it on your own but with the charities posters and charity no it looks a lot more official and youl raise more money,

Wev just done one for Poppy Scotland and Iv done parcels4troops amazing response but got the charity promo materials to help

Good luck

I've got nothing to add to the above other than to say, well done you. What a lovely, thoughtful thing :)

Thanks for your answers

I wanted to do it this year but its been abit crazy with it being my first real year in business!!

Fibro awareness is very special to me as I have it and didnt know anything about it until I was diagnosed, the second is the RSPCA as Im a big believer in looking after and protecting animals :)

I have fibromyalgia too which is why I volunteer I run tamworth helpline and support group

I have fibromyalgia too which is why I volunteer I run tamworth helpline and support group

Im just learning how to cope with it I have symptoms going back 10 years but the last two have been intense!! xx

Pacing helps loads and learning reiki was the best thing I ever did for the fibro. I was off work for 2 years I used to be a bookkeeper and office manager did reiki 1 sorted myself out and another year later did my holistic training and work again as well as 3 volunteer roles and 4 kids two with autism lol never thought that I would live a normal fulfilling life again at one point.

Latest posts

Back