Supporting local companies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillian w

Reaction score
As we all know how hard competition is with the Internet I thought I would share my experience with my bathroom.
I have been everywhere looking for a bathroom,shower taps etc and finally decided to go with a named English brand ideal standard after reading about how unbranded generic stuff is ok until you get a problem and can't get a part.
(I am now a member of a professional plumbers forum as well as here so understand this stuff :biggrin:)

I found the cheapest price online,but thought I would try various well known companies and a local small independent family run company.

Guess who came out with the best quote and the best service the small local family company.They were about £50 more than the cheapest online price,but they check the delivery for me from the manufacturer before I get it and then they deliver it themselves, so they will take more care and I should have a complete undamaged order.
I also have a very nice man to talk to face to face who helped me with choosing certain items and will help with any future problems.

So moral of the story before you think net is cheaper and more efficient do try your local businesses and suppliers and see what they can do as you might be pleasantly surprised.As the man said to me people think we can't match net prices but quite often we can.

Latest posts

Back