Swarovski crystal toes, help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClaireLou

Reaction score
I need some help with crystal pedicures, I've searched online but can only seem to find questions on where to buy them, I have lots I just need help with application :(!

Basically a client wants full crystal toes for a 3 week holiday, so I want something to set them in which will definitely keep them all on!

I've tried with glues, however it seems to always dull/ melt the crystals,

Would gel be a better option?!

I've set crystals in gelish before, and they seem to last but I haven't tried a full toe, only a few on each nail!

Any step by step info would be seriously much appreciated! :D

I prep the nail plate as you would with gels, apply a UV polish base coat-cure, then thin layer of ez flow builder gel-cure, another thin layer of builder gel-apply crystals-cure, then a UV polish top coat thinly on top & cure, I use astonishing nails UV base & top coats!
With a lot of trial and error they now last up to 6 weeks for my clients xx

I prep the nail plate as you would with gels, apply a UV polish base coat-cure, then thin layer of ez flow builder gel-cure, another thin layer of builder gel-apply crystals-cure, then a UV polish top coat thinly on top & cure, I use astonishing nails UV base & top coats!

Is the ez-flow builder gel a soak of or hard gel? I'd like to try a more durable gel for setting crystals in as I don't find they stay in Shellac/gelish but would still like quite easy removal!

Baggybear is the girl you need! I wish she'd make a tutorial for the articles section ;-)

So my routine is now:

Prep Nail
Dehydrator
Very thin gel layer
Cure
Thin layer of gel &
Apply Crystals
Cure
Apply a small amount of Eco Universal Soak Off Top Coat*
Cure
Apply a little more top coat if needed
Wipe with cleanse

*The top coat is VERY thin and runny so I prefer to do 2 applications to ensure all the crystals are embedded but not flooded with top coat.

An old thread with the above info plus lots of other stuff you may find useful.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/145508-swarovski-crystal-pedicure.html

As for the tutorial I had never thought to do 1 but I shall have a look at doing one later :wink2:

It's the soak off gel x

picture.php

Did these today with Baggy Bear's method

Thanks to baggy bears method I completed my first Swarovski crystal pedi with Opi Gelcolor 'strawberry margarita'
vyhamyvu.jpg

Which Eco to coat do you use baggybear? For hard gel or soak off?
I'm thinking of buying the hard gel one as I'm thinking if going back to using hard gel for crystal toes for longer wear as I moved to soak off gel and got lots of clients with loss of stones. Which do you think I should do?

I use Eco soak off gel (or Cuccio pronto) & Eco universal soak off top coat.

There is no way I would want to be filing all those crystals off. The cost of the extra files needed plus my time & the care needed to remove the last bits of gel when you get near the nailplate.

I like that I can wrap the toes and wait and all the crystals and gell is off in 10 minutes, with no real effort at all.

how much are you ladies charging for a full set of Swarovski crystal toes? Also for just a big toe etc? I have just started doing them but so far have only been practise sets and I can't decide what to charge? (Btw I do a minx pedi and shellac single colour pedi for £25) thanks

I charge £5 per nail if its entirely encrusted for big toes then £2 each extra nail. Hope that helps :)

Here area Swarovski on the big toe using gelish and gelish structure gel:) the other little toes are rock star gelish :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370281880.591614.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370281880.591614.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 1,123
Thank you so so much! Answered my questions perfectly :D ill give the tutorial a go, and see how I get on!
Very excited to try this method!! :D:D
Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back