Swarovski crystals help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisalarry

Reaction score
I've recently started doing swarovski crystals and they're driving me mad!!! What does everyone use to stick them down with?
I've tried setting them Into my gel topcoat .. I've tried using nail glue and super glue! (Only on top of enhancements and no where near natural nail) I've tried using normal clear nail polish.. Sometimes they stay on and sometimes I get a call the next day saying a couple have already come off!

I'm getting very disheartened and considering not offering them at all anymore !

Any tips would be gratefully received!

If we are talking Shellac then i use that top coat ,

otherwise I use my gel , not the top coat , top coat for most systems is normally a lot thinner viscosity than normal gel.

I just sit them in the final layer ,slide them about a bit to get them where I want and give them a mini coating around there foot, and cure .

One school of thought is that the slight shrinking effect of the gel around the gem almost holds it like a jewelry gem setting.

If I then need top coat ill go over using a thin striping or detail brush so as not to get it on the gem.

Thank you, the gel trick works mostly! I think some are just unpredictable but also clients never say actually how they came off! Of course it's never their fault! A client came in the other day with all of on one hand but not at all the other! What can you say to that! :)

How do you all remove your crystals?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

How do you all remove your crystals?

I soak them off along with the Shellac. Might give them a couple of extra minutes as they have an extra layer of top coat.

I soak them off along with the Shellac. Might give them a couple of extra minutes as they have an extra layer of top coat.

Brilliant thanks hun xx

Latest posts

Back