Sweet Squared (S2) nail courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AimeeAnne

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've spent some time reading through your old threads and they have been very helpful, thank you. A lot of you have recommended S2's nail courses.
I am an amateur and only work on my friends and family.
I would like to start building up qualifications in case I choose to branch out.
However, on the S2 website it isn't exactly clear which beginners course would benefit me the most, what exactly I will learn and if I'll gain a certificate that will allow insurance.

I guess I'm looking for your honest opinions on their courses, what one(s) you did and what they allowed you to achieve.

If it helps, I currently use Sensationail Gel polish and would like to continue using gel polish and move on to acrylics in time.

Can't wait to hear from you all

I have done the Beginners shellac, which was fab - the kit alone is almost worth as much as the course. And I'm currently half way through Beginners l&p, which has been brilliant so far. I'd really recommend both courses.

I have done the Beginners shellac, which was fab - the kit alone is almost worth as much as the course. And I'm currently half way through Beginners l&p, which has been brilliant so far. I'd really recommend both courses.

Hiya, thank you that is really helpful.
Just so I know I am clear. You did the 2 day course?
I'm looking at the 6 day course for Gel as I presumed it would be better as it was longer but maybe that isn't the case.
Do you mind me asking what made you pick the Shellac over the Gel course. I am unsure what the difference is right now between Gel and shellac as I thought Shellac was CNDs brand of Gel (clearly have a lot to learn )
X

Hiya, thank you that is really helpful.
Just so I know I am clear. You did the 2 day course?
I'm looking at the 6 day course for Gel as I presumed it would be better as it was longer but maybe that isn't the case.
Do you mind me asking what made you pick the Shellac over the Gel course. I am unsure what the difference is right now between Gel and shellac as I thought Shellac was CNDs brand of Gel (clearly have a lot to learn )
X

Shellac is like gel polish (which you paint on like nail polish), and the Brisa gel is a hard gel that you can do enhancements with (comes in a pot). All S2 courses are accredited so you will be able to gain insurance

Shellac is like gel polish (which you paint on like nail polish), and the Brisa gel is a hard gel that you can do enhancements with (comes in a pot). All S2 courses are accredited so you will be able to gain insurance

Ah I see. Thank you!
Have you done any of the S2 courses?
Wondering I maybe I should do the 2 day shellac course first before the 6 day gel??
Don't worry if not. I suppose I can call them tomorrow : ) x

Ah I see. Thank you!
Wondering I maybe I should do the 2 day shellac course first before the 6 day gel??

If it's gel polish you want to start with then the beginner Shellac course is what you want to start with. It will teach you all the basics you need to further your education as well as begin to professionally perform gel polish manicures and get insurance.

If it's gel polish you want to start with then the beginner Shellac course is what you want to start with. It will teach you all the basics you need to further your education as well as begin to professionally perform gel polish manicures and get insurance.

Thank you so much that's really helpful. I do use shellac already at the moment and know I do a 'good' job but it's best to do this course isn't it?? There could be lots I don't know and like you say, it will allow me to get insurance.

Thank you!! X

Thanks all!
You have been so helpful.
xx

Ah I see. Thank you!

Yes I have and they're brill! Great support and will help you afterwards too if you need it. I'd say do the Shellac beginners first :) x

Yes, I did the 2 day shellac course. I decided to do l&p rather than gel, but might do that later too. I'd definitely recommend starting with shellac :)

The beginners Shellac course is brilliant. Enjoy!

Yes, I did the 2 day shellac course. I decided to do l&p rather than gel, but might do that later too. I'd definitely recommend starting with shellac :)

Hi. I achieved my CND Master painter two years ago, and want to do an enhancement course through S2. But since they discontinued the Brisa soak off I can't decide which one too do, gel or L&P. I have been dithering for about a year.
Can I ask what made you go with L&P training in the end?

Thanks all!
You have been so helpful.
xx

To add to the other helpful responses, I first trained 9 years ago and I am slowly building up my portfolio.
I have trained with four different schools over the years, and whilst they were all good in their own way, in my opinion the Sweet Squared/CND ones are superior? Both in training and the educators. I just feel that they offer a high quality service and feel that it is worth every penny. I intend to do an enhancement course next, when I finally decide between Gel and L &P
Good luck in your training.

Last edited:
I chose l&p because someone told me it was harder to learn than gel. I figured it was better to do th harder one first. But I've never used gel, so I have no idea whether it's true.

I chose l&p because someone told me it was harder to learn than gel. I figured it was better to do th harder one first. But I've never used gel, so I have no idea whether it's true.

Funny enough I was told the same thing and am considering it for the same reason.

To add to the other helpful responses, I first trained 9 years ago and I am slowly building up my portfolio.
I have trained with four different schools over the years, and whilst they were all good in their own way, in my opinion the Sweet Squared/CND ones are superior? Both in training and the educators. I just feel that they offer a high quality service and feel that it is worth every penny. I intend to do an enhancement course next, when I finally decide between Gel and L &P
Good luck in your training.
Great to hear. Thank you for adding it : )
And thanks for the luck. Enjoy your next one

Latest posts

Back