Switching gel brands, advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ficklbum

Reaction score
I currently use IBD gel, and really like it, however I dont like that anyone (not licensed) can get it. not that that is a deal breaker or anything. however, I really want to try BioSculpture gel colors, and in order to do that they make you buy an entire kit just to order some, and its kind of pricey. so im wondering if it would be worth the money, is it as good as they say it is? i originally only wanted to try the gel colors, not the entire line. but if i have to buy it i want to use it. have any of you used it and what are your thoughts? even better, if you have used both ibd and biosculpture which do you prefer?

and on a side note, what are your favorite gel color brands? like not shellac or soak off but hard gels? i like my ibd colors, but the availability is scarce, and im not interested in too many of the other colors. running out of options!

Cant help you with the Bio Sculpture I am afraid but if you are looking for a hard gel colour then we have a great range( as well as lots of other hard gels ect ) . Our colurs are our best selling items as peeps like the quality and the extensive range of colours we have . And of course they get to deal with little old me :)

We have just introduced some fantastic chunky glitter gels as well

We only sell to professionals and you are required to state your qualifications on registration

Give me a shout if you would like more info but here is a link to our colour page x

http://www.nailsinternational.co.uk/product-category/defianze-colour-gels/all-colours/?orderby=date

*** Whoops . Just seen that you are in the States and registration is only for the UK . We can send to the states no problem but shipping may be high. Any hows the info is there for you to see and if you are interested or want more info drop me a mail or a PM here x

Thank you thpugh! I have ordered from the uk! To me if it's worth it I don't mind the shipping! I'll look in to it! Thank you!

I use Gellux and Orly Gel Fx and love them both.... Never have any issues :) Gellux is a little thicker so easier to apply x

I have looked in to doing biosculpture training, however the training and products are so expensive that it put me off as it will take a long time to recoup cost

I use gellux uv hard gel and I'm finding it's not lasting as long as it should 10 days tops how long as your ibd been lasting xx

I use Gelish and i really like them

Crystal nails royal gels are amazing you can get them in the states search it on YouTube x

I use biosculpture and love it, I did a conversion course with them in order to stock it. I do find that people are prepared to pay a little more for Bio, it is all I use now and the colour range is fantastic.

I have thought about it many times and still thinking.

My selection of gels is so great at the moment I just don't think it'd be cost effective to switch... Maybe one day x

I use biosculpture and love it, I did a conversion course with them in order to stock it. I do find that people are prepared to pay a little more for Bio, it is all I use now and the colour range is fantastic.

Jolou what's a conversion course?? That may be a dumb question but ya I am really interested in trying it just scared to fork out that kind of money

When you convert from one brand to another example IBD to CND x

Jolou what's a conversion course?? That may be a dumb question but ya I am really interested in trying it just scared to fork out that kind of money

A conversion course is for an experienced tech who is already knowledgable about any gel polish brand and wishing to make the conversion to another brand. A conversion course assumes you know the basics and focuses more on the attributes and use of that system.

NSI do a fabulous hard gel in several colours.... topped with nsi g&g it lasts for ages....
As for the training.... personally i would train with a non brand specific company... then you are free to use which brand you like.... x

Im currently using Angel Pro. a little pricy, as it's Big 5 Free. But anything for better health! Especially with all those news about chemical poisoning recently. I reckon it's better to be safe than sorry. ;)

Latest posts

Back