Swollen hands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodeski

Reaction score
Hi all!

My mum has very swollen hands and feet that are tight and sore but she is convinced it is not arthritic (she has arthritis elsewhere and knows what it feels like?) She has been using her hands more doing gardening and stocking shelves for work. She's also been on her feet A LOT with long hours at work.

I suggested bathing in epsom salts to draw the fluid out a bit and regular draining type massage. So far the massage has made a small improvement.

She is also very very dry. What else can I recommend to help her? Perhaps she should see a doctor?

Cheers:eek:

Hi all!

My mum has very swollen hands and feet that are tight and sore but she is convinced it is not arthritic (she has arthritis elsewhere and knows what it feels like?) She has been using her hands more doing gardening and stocking shelves for work. She's also been on her feet A LOT with long hours at work.

I suggested bathing in epsom salts to draw the fluid out a bit and regular draining type massage. So far the massage has made a small improvement.

She is also very very dry. What else can I recommend to help her? Perhaps she should see a doctor?

Cheers:eek:
Mmm sounds like Oedema to me(water retention)I would recommend your mum seeks a Drs opinion to rule anything more underlying but perhaps water retention tabs would help and keeping her feet up to drain the water.

I would definately seek a advice from a Dr though,he will check your mums health out and give the CORRECT advice.HTH

as we are beauty therapists' and not doctors, we can't diagnose your mums problem and without a diagnosis you can't resolve the problem. My advice is to see a doctor.

Latest posts

Back