Swollen wrists after a massage?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jurate

Reaction score
Morning geeks,

Yesterday I had a client in for a luxury facial, so when I did her facial massage I noticed that my wrists became very swollen afterwards and it was quite uncomfortable to me while doing it :(

It wasn't too painful, but something was really uncomfortable and my thumbs kept getting "stuck".

I don't do any massages, apart from face, neck and shoulders plus the normal massages that we would have been taught during mani/pedi treatments. And I only get 1-2 luxury facials during the week.

It gets more uncomfortable with every treatment (and I love doing massages) and I don't know what it could be? Maybe I'm just not using my hands correctly? :(

The swelling went away by the end of the facial, I just massaged my own hands and it was gone slowly :( what could it be? :(

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

Anyone have any ideas?

Soon as i seen this topic i wanted to cry for u! My wrists are completely knackered now. If u want my advice, now youve spotted it early get yourself some wrist supports and wear them as much as u can. Go to a doctor and dont let them palm u off with paracetemol. Demand physio straight away before it gets worse.

Youve done the best thing tho and spotted it early :) invest in those wrist supports assp ;)

I had problems with my wrists after breaking them both. I was really worried about whether or not I'd be able to massage but I went on a no hands massage course which discussed technique a lot. I also did a hot stone massage course. It's helped so much. It may be that, like me, you have to adapt your treatments to protect yourself. Hope you get yourself sorted x

Thank you ladies, what surprised me was the fact that I don't really do many massages, so I shouldn't really be having this problem :( I do end up with bruises on my arms occasionally after a massage tho :(

its probably because you don't do much massage that you swelled up. next time you do one, warm your hands and wrists up first and be aware of all your movements, make sure you aren't in any pain whilst massaging.

if you don't do them very often and don't like the effects, stop doing them.

if you wish to continue, try and do more massage and ease your hands in.

i do a lot of massage and I only get those symptoms if I've been on holiday or had a break from massage.

Latest posts

Back