Sydney Expo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdskora

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Nail zoo has updated you all on the nail comps.. wow they were just fantastic to watch...
We had dinner with some of the aussie gals here with the president of the APFA, and vice pres. they were loverly.. never nice indeeed.
I had a few nails done...
Kylie from Ezflow was just beautiful.. she spent about an hour with me showing me how to get the perfect tip blended and then did a glitter fade with the colours that i had at home i was having trouble with..very nice

Catherine Wong was amazing.. she did a 3d rose with sliver glitter petals and leaves... wow.. i hope it NEVER grows off...haha.. Viv was there from Melbourne.. she was creating a 3d fish.. just wonderful... and the colours oh my god.... 100's of NFU-Oh colours.. quick setting for 3d work she told me.

CND--- were flat out so i didn't get to chat with them.. they seemed a little frantic and less than organsied.. possibly becuase their stand was much bigger than the rest.. :rolleyes:

Food was great, fresh to order and coffee was HOT...

Aussie geeks that have not been... GO.. you will learn alot ina day just watching.... bring a big bag and lots of money.. there were bargins...
X Mel

"the fire is now out of control"..:green:

This was my first Expo since moving to Sydney and I must say I was very impressed. It did seem a fare bit bigger than the one I went to in Birmingham last year (which was still fab). I was so mesmorised by the ladies on th NU Fu oh(think thats right) I have never seen anything like it, one min a natural nail then the next a beautiful garden of flowers appear on the nail it was amazing and their range was great.

I had a nail done with the Ilumme method and I was amazed how little filing it needed, bloody great so I'm trying that and the lady who did it was lovely.

I also had a couple done by Ezflow (their cover pink is fab) one natural and one french with 3d flowers, I wish I could remember the name of the lady that did it as she was so nice and answered so many questions, the lady running the stand (I think her name is Midge not sure) she was very helpful too. I also loved the range that Ezflow had its great with all the glitters.
Only stopped by the creative stand for a sec as I had already fell in love with Ezflow by this time and had heard a few brainwashing rumors in the day LOL and if some one gives me the hard sell I buy it:lol: (And it was expensive imo).

What was with the stand next to the Nu fu oh stand with the play doh looking stick on things, it was bad luck for them being next to such fantastic Nail artists cause I thought they were bloody crap (sorry but they were).

Well I haven't been on here alot in a while as I had kind of lost a lot of confidence since moving out here almost a year ago. I walk past so many cheap nail bars knocking out sets of nails in less than an hour and charging peanuts that there was no way I was going to get anywhere but going to the expo has made me realise that there are some lovely people out there and the training is there to be had.

I have done a fantastic course in swedish massage since I got here and I love it (only do friends at the moment as with nails) and I also do The Body Shop at Home cause who dosen't love the Body shop:lol: I know I do. A friend owns a wholesalers and she took pity on me so I do the odd day or two there and am meeting more people in the industry so I do feel like I am slowly getting my confidence and my identity back.(breathe Lisa breathe).

Well haven't I waffled for along time but I really enjoyed the Expo and wanted to share it. OK back to practicing (actually i'm going to bed)

See ya!

Hi Lisa,

The ladies on the ezflow stand were ( midge you are correct)... Kylie ( amber long hair, glasses)... Sam (long dark wavey hair)...

NFU-Oh... Viv simmonds and Catherine Wong.... amazing!!! OMG....

I think enity was next to them... poor things i know...

I know it is hard with all those NNS salons ( i have 5 of them within 5kms!).... but there are plenty of aussies out there that want a have a converstation with their nail tech... also get into the embedded art.... Viv did an embedded nail on my friend.... wow... red flowers with a green mini palm spray.. capped in clear and man did it shine... most people that saw it said they would pay $50 just for that nail..... and yes you are right... education here in aussie needs to be pushed more... we train and go out and work and most of us fail..... thanks to this site I have been more and more intesrested in training... I am goign to start and not stop and I am sure that i will attract those clients who want a top job....
hang in there...
X Mel

Latest posts

Back