Table/Room renting.... help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mia-Cat

Reaction score
I have been renting a nail table in a hair salon since march 08. When i started there was a fulltime beauty therapist, but she wouldnt do nails at all so i went in to do that side of the client base. It started of ok, but went down hill fairly quickly and this other girl left with no notice at all. the Salon Owner is currently trying to get her unpaid rent back, all very messy!
Now this month she has told me that she has moved all the old therapist clients to me, and because of this i have to rent the beauty room as well as the nail table, pushing my rent up by 110%.

The clients stopped coming a few weeks ago and even the hair side of things is going down the pan. I can't pay the rent on both nail table and beauty room, there just isnt enough business to make it work. I want to go back mobile.

I dont have any written contract and only have emailed invoices for payment of rent. I have emailed the owner to share my concerns and say i want out. I have said i will cover the clinets booking in over the next 2 weeks, but as they were never my clinets i dont know if i should or not... can anyone help me?

Where do i stand legally? can i just up and leave?

Latest posts

Back