Taking a good picture?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmread988

nail ninja
Reaction score
Has anyone got any tips on taking a nice picture of my clients nails ? I like to take a picture to update on my page but can never get them to look great!
I have a friend that has a salon in her home and her pictures look so clear cut and bright and when I ask her she said it's just good lighting in her room. I'm mobile so can't use the same lighting. I've tried putting my lamp on -rubbish flash on- rubbish doing it near the window-rubbish!!
Other then making my clients go stand outside I'm at a loss
And I can never get glitter to show in a pic! Their nails are so sparkly and in my photo they are just dull
Anyone have in pro tips?

Invest in a daylight lamp. It makes a huge difference to your pics and also when you're working X

Yeah daylight lamps make a huge difference.
I also found really sharpening the image makes so much difference when trying to photograph glitter. Be careful to not go too far as it can look graining but if there is enough light then sharpening works :)

I use line camera which is really good!

Definitely invest in a daytime lamp! I couldn't perform any work without one!! It makes such a difference x

Another vote for a daylight lamp, they're the next best thing for simulating a good clear bright light on nails (and help with the glitter sparkle too!).

Thankyou guys ! Daylight lamp it is! X

Invest in a daylight lamp. It makes a huge difference to your pics and also when you're working X
What daylight lamp.do.you girls have?

What daylight lamp.do.you girls have?
I have this one
[
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1464296266.197891.jpg

The crystal nails table lamp is brilliant. £67.50 I'm sure it is from the nail team or crystal nails website. My pics have never looked so good xx

I have one I got from eBay it was about £15 xx
(Sorry for rubbish photo)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1464347270.937111.jpg

Latest posts

Back