Taking Photos of Airbrushed nail art- HOW?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grelot

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Any one have advice on how to take decent pictures of airbrushed nails?
I've been on the airbrush trail since August 04 and have taken some fairly decent pictures of airbrushed french and dark coloured nail art.

BUT, I have just done a set on myself (boy, those "helping hands" thingys are way cool!) and I love them so much I want a photo. The only problem is it just doesn't want to come out! They're various shades of lilacs and pinks, so very pale and I just can't get the camera to do them justice.

I have a Kodak Digital which is normally fine, but I'm out of ideas..

Over to you folks!
Thanks
tj

If it is a close up of an image make sure the Camera has its Macro mode switched on usually shown by an image of a flower, also try using a halogen desk lamp to illuminate the subject as it uses clear "white" light, I find this usually helps also ensure your camera is set at its highest resolution. Hope this works for you. Guy.

techygeek said:
If it is a close up of an image make sure the Camera has its Macro mode switched on usually shown by an image of a flower, also try using a halogen desk lamp to illuminate the subject as it uses clear "white" light, I find this usually helps also ensure your camera is set at its highest resolution. Hope this works for you. Guy.
I do the above, as well as turning off the flash because with my camera the flash bleaches out the subject.
I also use a tripod for this as the aperture will need to be open longer, thus leaving you open to camera shake, so the tripod is a must.

Thanks guys - I've used my daylight lamp and the macro mode! Perfectly photographed pinkies. I knew I'd find the answer here!

cheers!
tj

Latest posts

Back