Tan, Tan, Tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XxBeckyxX

Reaction score
Ok so...here comes the essay...

Currently using tan works in the salon I have recently started managing (rebranded from tan solutions I believe)
I really love the colour even though it has a red tinge before washing off!

Spray tans are not so popular so wondered if it was to do with the name not being so well known amongst clients. I've trained and worked with St Tropez & Fake Bake but have to say I'm still not sold on these completely, not enough to swap and use them in the salon right away.

Called up for some Sienna X and fake bake samples and the bottles are tiny, enough for a tan or two using a normal sized gun (Referring to St Tropez size) but way too small for the 'really powerful super blaster extreme blow you away as you spray' gun we have in the salon!

Any ideas on how I can try these when the gun has to be half full for it to spray properly and these don't even cover a quarter of the huge surface area?

Away from my gun moan, does anyone have any recommendations of tan? Preferably not over sold on the high street and available in % to suit someone wanting a nice medium glow to someone like myself who prefers a dark tan?

xx

I use LA TAN and have been for 10 months great price if you buy from affordable tanning on eBay and my clients love it x give it a try x

Ok so...here comes the essay...

Currently using tan works in the salon I have recently started managing (rebranded from tan solutions I believe)
I really love the colour even though it has a red tinge before washing off!

Spray tans are not so popular so wondered if it was to do with the name not being so well known amongst clients. I've trained and worked with St Tropez & Fake Bake but have to say I'm still not sold on these completely, not enough to swap and use them in the salon right away.

Called up for some Sienna X and fake bake samples and the bottles are tiny, enough for a tan or two using a normal sized gun (Referring to St Tropez size) but way too small for the 'really powerful super blaster extreme blow you away as you spray' gun we have in the salon!

Any ideas on how I can try these when the gun has to be half full for it to spray properly and these don't even cover a quarter of the huge surface area?

Away from my gun moan, does anyone have any recommendations of tan? Preferably not over sold on the high street and available in % to suit someone wanting a nice medium glow to someone like myself who prefers a dark tan?

xx

Hi, Please PM me about Amy Childs tan as it hs relaunched with high quality and great pricing. x

xx

The best thing to do is spend a couple of hours looking at what the competition are using and go for a completely different brand and one that suits your salon style/price point etc

HTH and good luck :hug:

Hi Becky

We wanted our trade customers at Brown Gorgeous to have access to a fantastic tanning menu that will ultimately make their own clients see clearly and understand what products are designed for their very own unique skin tone, ensuring the most natural looking tan, with added Custom Blend Drops, including Slimming and Anti-Ageing, a huge breakthrough in sunless spray tanning, ultimately increasing salon revenue. You can charge an extra £5 if customer wants anti ageing or slimming custom tan Usually you do not even need to up sell it the customers wants it

By using our sunless tanning menu seen in many spray tan salons in the USA as a guide we forecast a huge rise in revenue for our professional customers.

Customising your spray tan solution will help keep your spray tanning business be unique and provide more than your competition.

Look for a solution that has ECO-CERT DHA, no nasties, no orange, provide a decent service before and aftercare etc, some effort into promoting yourself and your on to a winner.

Any more questions please get in touch

Happy Sunless Tanning

Last edited:
Becky I see your in Sheffield that pro beauty north show is on in Manchester this weekend why not go check it out and have a look at different brands see what deals are on etc!

I use Moroccan tan! It contains Aragon oil, vitamin E and aloe Vera which really help moisturise the skin! The original collection Which comes in 8/10/12/14 % all have a 2 hour rinse off time which is a massive selling point to my clients!!

Thanks everyone!

Latest posts

Back