Tanning and the winter months

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minky06

Reaction score
Hi do you find that the spray tanning clients slow down in the colder months? I have just trained and a few people have said that people do not want a tan in the winter as they will be covered up?????

does anyone find that business slows down in the colder months??

Yes & no. Christmas & Christmas parties are busy busy. Oh and then there's new year parties.

Hi do you find that the spray tanning clients slow down in the colder months? I have just trained and a few people have said that people do not want a tan in the winter as they will be covered up?????

does anyone find that business slows down in the colder months??

Hi

I found the opposite but I think it may be where I live close to the coast and we have good weather lol!! November to April are my busy months but not sure how others go!

Lisa x

My busiest month tanning in the last 12 months was August this year!! My quieter months are Oct/Nov and Dec usually pretty busy. I always offer special promotions in Oct/Nov in tanning and it helps a little especially on facebook and similar places :)

As a business we find our sales increase in November, December and January for reasons of (as already mentioned) Christmas parties etc. We also have a high April to August.

I would not worry about the weather in relation to your tanning business. Most mobile therapists and salons do well all year round. You can always do a special offer if you are finding any part a little slow

i havent done a winter yet, so not entirely sure. however, the majority of my clients are teens/early 20's and these clients are more likely to go out fri/sat nights wearing next to nothing watever the weather lol. so try & get some younger clients in aswell as 'older'. hth x

Latest posts

Back