Tanning geeks, please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurachicgeek

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I've got a group of 15 girls who each want a spray tan done (very excited). I work in a small room which I rent in a barber shop. They want to come in at 2pm and all get a spray tan done. I have a second job to go to and ive got to be there for 5pm the very latest would be 6pm.. My question is how long will it take? As the room is only big enough for myself and one person I can only do one at a time.
Please help with any advice! :)

My usual tan takes about 20 minutes including consultation

If you could get them to fill out your consultation form while they are waiting, and go through while they are getting undressed and as you are spraying go through aftercare to save time. Is there anywhere for them to change while you are spraying someone else? If not, just be organised and firm. Try to organise them into who us having what shade to save faffing changing cups. I find large groups talk a lot, so you need to be in charge. You could get through one every 10 mins so should be ok, but in reality it will take a bit longer, but I think you should be fine! Don't forget to bring extra solution, and enjoy the workout!

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using SalonGeek

I know in theory it's supposed to only take 20 mins but I am terrible for having a gab and waste time chatting but I feel this is quite important in trying to relax some clients. Quite often they ask questions after their tan even though they have read the post tan instructions they normally ask questions. I wouldn't want to rush them.

Hi thanks for your responses! I've asked if she can do a bit earlier and she said she'll find out what the other girls say. I like the thought of giving the girls a consultation form each which Is definitely what I'm going to do to reduce time.
Even tho they'll read my web page everyone always has questions I may just hand out my card and say all questions are answered on my web page? As well as give them an aftercare advise sheet. Hoping this will speed things up! :) xx

Most important - be in charge otherwise they'll faff about and it'll take hours though surely they want to get out sooner anyhow. Even if you print up a little blerb on aftercare advice and hand it to them so you don't need to explain everything to everybody. Goodluck!

Id ask them to come in 3 sets of 5 girls, each 15mins before you would like to start spraying... But it starts to get complicated with them needing different colours, and you being short on time. Give them the aftercare slip with the consultation and tell them to ask you any questions, saves you repeating yourself 15 times if they all ask /think of similar questions.

The actual spraying takes me less than 10 mins, but you then have drying times. Can you dry them with your hose from your gun?

Xx

I can do 4 in a hour so 15 girls would take me 4 hours. That's being organised though & making sure they all get barrier creamed up hat on head whilst someone before them is having a tan

I'm very relieved in a way coz she has now cancelled! Few! I was thinking its gona take a few hours to do :)

Latest posts

Back