Tanning kit - best offer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marshmalotoast

Reaction score
Go for the la offer as it is an amazing price

Go for the la offer as it is an amazing price

Thank you! the more research I do - the more I tend to agree with you :)
Any idea of good % solutions to go for with LA? :D

I haven't used LA tan but I would go for about 10 or 12%
These are not too intense.
Depending on your clientele, I used to spray kids for dancing comps and it was a case of the darker the better so they went for 16% or higher. Personally I hated it lol
Hth x

I tend to prefer the more "sunkissed" look too.
Right-o I have emailed them to get a bit more info and going to order it later today. Very exciting :) x

hello, do not hesitate to buy it, it's the best offer I have ever seen!! LA tan are a really good company, you definatley won't be disappointed x

Thank you Lush lash - any suggestions on the % solution from you? :)

Hi. I got the LA tan starter kit, it comes with loads of stuff and if you call them they will answer any questions that you have. I got the 10%, 10% gold, 12% and the fast tan. La tan have a big rang of % solutions, disco, cocktail, gold, fast tan and normal %'s. I haven't tried them all yet but am going to order some trial size's and give them a go on my guinea pig, my daughter, lol.

Shelley X

Ahh that's great - thanks for the advice!
My poor daughters will be my guinea pigs too. They are terrified after seeing me turned into an oompa loompa whilst training with a different solution.

:D

It seems you have decided on the kit (which is a good buy) but are now wondering which percents to buy so I'll just give advice on that.

I use LA Tan and in my area nobody asks for a glow (like you have had a day or 2 in the sun and got just that little bit of colour that makes you look healthy) so I don't stock 8% but when I started out I did get an 8% for those who were nervous of going too dark.

My most popular solution is 12% followed by 10% with a few people having a 14% and I stock the fast tan for anyone wanting lighter or darker (I keep it on for an hour and a half to get an 8/9% tan on myself).

My clients like to be darker so when we tried the 10% gold they felt it was a bit too light and prefered the 10% so that is all I stock but many people find the 10% gold quite popular with people who want more than a glow but not to look too dark.

So I would say get a 10% gold, 10%, 12% and a fast tan as your 4 free litres.

Last edited:
Baggybear - Thank you so much for answering in that much detail...you have really helped! I think I'll just order it now.
I've been reading your posts on tanning with great interest over the last few months as I've been researching tans, and trust your judgement :)

I'm also interested in this kit. Anyone have any training advice?

I am new to spray tan, I have been a therapist for over 15 years. Trained with CND acrylics, gels and shellac. These are going fab. Thought I would like to add spray tans as I have only ever trained in st tropez

Any ideas

You can train with anyone for tanning and then use a solution from elsewhere so there is no need to go with a set training supplier (eg. Fake Bake training then use OMG solution or Sienna X training then use fake Bake).

I would advise you to find a place near you and make sure the course is accredited so you will be able to get insurance with the certificate afterwards.

Personally I wanted a 1 to 1 session so I could ask all the questions I needed to and I knew I would get to practice as much as I needed to on my models and I also got them to show me several times how to take the gun apart to clean it and how to set it again afterwards (as I bought my kit & and training together, then used my own kit on the day of the course).

A group session might be helpful in that others may ask questions you had not thought of but as you have Salon Geek I'm sure you could find the answers to 99% of the questions you might think of even aftere your training (but any good training centre would be happy for you to ring them afterwards and help you all they can with any issues you had).

I ordered the LA kit and it came today, i am so impressed with what i have got for such a good price! I would recommend defiantly x

Hi

I got the L A Tan starter kit and would definitely reccommend it, I've tried loads of products and still love L A Tan solutions aswell.

When I went in to buy it, I got a full demo of how to unfold the tent and fold it back up, and they're really helpful whenever I ring.

Good luck! :D

Latest posts

Back