Tanning with Fresh Indulgence gun settings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissNx

Reaction score
I trained in spray tanning with WhiteToBrown last week, however the tan I've opted to use for now is Fresh Indulgence.

In my training we used the HVLP 700 which is the same machine I've bought for my own use. With WhiteToBrown we were told to turn the machine up to high and have the gun setting about half way. I was also told that as I spray quite fast, I should work closer to the body.

I had my first paying client in tonight and did the tissue test (and nothing seeping through to the back) but thought I should try the medium spray setting rather than high recommended in WhiteToBrown training. I just didn't feel the guide colour was dark enough. I can't decide whether this was because I wasn't spraying enough or because the guide colour is lighter than what I trained with. So I turned it up to high and yes...the guide colour looked darker. But my query is...does the guide colour looking darker mean the end colour will be? Or would the consistent lighter shade I was achieving on medium, look equally as dark on wash off? From my understanding, over spraying won't make the tan darker as the body will only absorb so much anyway. So should I be looking to have a darker guide colour on the skin on high setting, or was my medium setting enough (which appeared lighter on the skin). Does the darkness of the guide colour reflect the colour on wash off?

Any guidance would be much appreciated. I'm not over spraying as I have no runs and no oversoaking. I think my application is clean. But I'm uncertain whether the medium setting is enough giving a light coverage, or whether I should be on high and getting a darker guide colour.

Hi, I use FI too!
This tan solution will not tan the client any darker if you over spray them, so as long as the client has a good even coverage then the tan will develop well.
If you are over spraying you are just wasting solution.
Hope this helps

So do you think my coverage with the machine set to medium was enough? Or was I right to turn it up to high to get the darker guide colour. My gut says medium may have been enough as it was still covering...but because I'm new to spray tanning, I worried it might not wash off as dark as she wanted so turned up to high for more guide colour. I'm still trying to figure out whether a darker guide colour equates to a darker tan on wash off x

I also use fi
I use the revive and it doesn't have a guide colour so you can only tell whether you have covered by the wet look on the skin :)

Aww, thank you. I'm using Caribbean Indulgence at the moment as I read it was better for newbies due to guide colour. I'll give Revive a go when I'm more experienced :)

Latest posts

Back