Tape extensions on fine hair hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickiemma

Reaction score
Hello,
I have very fine, bleach hilighted hair, it breaks quite easily and after having a baby 8 months ago iv been left with baby hair all around my hairline. In the salon we do micro loop and prebonded extensions- the micro loops irritated my scalp and I don't want the prebonded..... So I'm thinking of tape extensions! Can anyone tell me honestly if you loose any hair with them? I'm so paranoid about it! (Years ago I had a weft and lost ALOT of hair) Iv youtubed some videos and they don't look as though they do but obviously it advertising for them! When I go out I usually clip in extensions, just because I feel my hair is to fine to wear without extensions, any help greatly appreciated!

I have found that tape extensions are the gentlest of extensions, however they will only last 3-6wks (depending on your brand). Have had no damage to this day

They are honestly the best. Best for your hair type. Just make sure the person applying them doesn't use to little hair inbetween the tape other wise it'll cause too much tension and weight and will rip our while brushing and can cause a tiny bald line. Make sure there's a good 1cm in there. Most people would say that's a lot, but fine hair it will hold alot better for you. I've had clients that had tape extensions in for 12+ weeks. Never have a problem with them coming out. Unless the client is using incorrect Haircare etc. Just 1 warning, get them refitted every 6 weeks - fine hair is more likely to Matt, but when you wash It, before styling use a tangle teaser(good for knots and soft bristles) and section ur hair and brush lightly inbetween the extensions.

Which brand would you recommend JosephJunior_? I have very fine hair around my sides and was about to buy some from hair planet but would love a second opinion! Thanks

They are honestly the best. Best for your hair type. Just make sure the person applying them doesn't use to little hair inbetween the tape other wise it'll cause too much tension and weight and will rip our while brushing and can cause a tiny bald line. Make sure there's a good 1cm in there. Most people would say that's a lot, but fine hair it will hold alot better for you. I've had clients that had tape extensions in for 12+ weeks. Never have a problem with them coming out. Unless the client is using incorrect Haircare etc. Just 1 warning, get them refitted every 6 weeks - fine hair is more likely to Matt, but when you wash It, before styling use a tangle teaser(good for knots and soft bristles) and section ur hair and brush lightly inbetween the extensions.

That's great info thankyou!! Which brand do you use? I just worry do much about my hair as I know how fragile it can be , but thanks very much for your help :) x

I'm in Australia and we use Hollywood hair

That's great thankyou x

We use tape hair from sjk. Its really nice quality.

We use tape hair from sjk. Its really nice quality.

How good is the hair quality ? They say its real russian ... But they also say it lasts only 5 months lol
So kinda doubt its real russian

I've used tape from angel remy and angel locks the angel remy tape is really good and refitted it twice, angel locks ivd been having some trouble with it staying I clients hair but quality is really gd xx

Im wearing angel remy now
Looking for something new . As sjk sells russian and double drawn i wanna try them ..
Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Im wearing angel remy now
Looking for something new . As sjk sells russian and double drawn i wanna try them ..
Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

On another thread you say you have had PR Hair in for over a year ?

I've used tape from angel remy and angel locks the angel remy tape is really good and refitted it twice, angel locks ivd been having some trouble with it staying I clients hair but quality is really gd xx

Is it just the tape that's the problem with angel locks? Have you removed and refitted them with your own tape yet?

Yeh it's just the tape yes removed and reapplied with new tape from them. Finger crossed she's not phoned so must be oki now x

On another thread you say you have had PR Hair in for over a year ?

I have bad recieding corners .. I wrar 5 tapes on each side as i have thin hair there and micro rings arent suitable

Latest posts

Back