Tasha Jacks hair extensions help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leahraexo

Reaction score
I am interested in ordering hair from Tasha Jacks as I heard it was one of the best, however I am completely lost on their website and haven't gotten a response to my email.

Also, my calls never go through because I am in the US. If anyone has used Tasha Jacks I would love your advice!

I am thinking of ordering the European hair because it is a bit cheaper. Is there a huge difference in quality with the Russian? (I will be buying loose bulk hair and tipping myself).

Also, I cannot find any color chart or color reference online. I know you can order a color ring, but I do not want to do so as I am just buying the hair for myself (I am blonde and want to match the tone). How else can I match my hair to the colors listed on the site? I read somewhere that you can send them a sample to have color matched, but I do not see anywhere on the site that instructs how/where to send this.

Finally, I am thinking of ordering 100g of 18". Would this likely be enough for a full head?

I appreciate any advice! Thanks!

I guess ull need more 150 to175 gram for a full head . i have an extra full heae of 200 gram in and im getting another 50gram put in as i think russian hair is amazing but its finer so i feel like you need more . thsts my experience ... When i was wearing indian temple hair i was happy with 130gram as its so thick .. Hope that helped a bit

The hair I supply is quite thick compared to others I have had! But it all depends when your tipping how thick you have the strands - for a natural full head I use around 160g max x

Are they your pictures in the eBay auction or have you used the images on PR Hairs website? Are you affiliated with them? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1420848810.549818.jpg

With TJ hair you need MUCH less than you need from other suppliers if you are ordering bulk.

I used 100g of the Asian 16" hair for a full head, and it seemed to go on forever. The hair is 100% double draw so goes much further.

I am interested in ordering hair from Tasha Jacks as I heard it was one of the best, however I am completely lost on their website and haven't gotten a response to my email.

Also, my calls never go through because I am in the US. If anyone has used Tasha Jacks I would love your advice!

I am thinking of ordering the European hair because it is a bit cheaper. Is there a huge difference in quality with the Russian? (I will be buying loose bulk hair and tipping myself).

Also, I cannot find any color chart or color reference online. I know you can order a color ring, but I do not want to do so as I am just buying the hair for myself (I am blonde and want to match the tone). How else can I match my hair to the colors listed on the site? I read somewhere that you can send them a sample to have color matched, but I do not see anywhere on the site that instructs how/where to send this.

Finally, I am thinking of ordering 100g of 18". Would this likely be enough for a full head?

I appreciate any advice! Thanks!

Hello and welcome to the site.

Please can I ask you to complete your profile as soon as possible, so we know a little about you, your training and qualifications, if appropriate.

Thanks.

I use Tasha Jacks Russian hair it's beautiful. It's 100% double drawn so you need less then you think. Typically 125-175g depending on the length. When you buy tipped hair a lot of suppliers include tip weight so you don't get as much hair so with TJ it's sold in weight and it's bulk = more hair for your money.

I don't order via the website this is because I always do there custom blend option, they have my card details so I take a small sample cutting from my clients hair stick it in some blutack and cello tape it to a letter with details of what I want and my details when they get it they'll take the payment and then post it out. I've never had a problem with them matching up the colour (inc highlights and bright purple!) - really simple. Give them a call and set up an account, there prices are cheaper going direct rather then on the website xx

Does anybody know what Tasha jacks pre tipped hair is? Is it itip hair or utip etc? I am looking for European or virgin russian utip x

I use Tasha Jacks Russian hair it's beautiful. It's 100% double drawn so you need less then you think. Typically 125-175g depending on the length. When you buy tipped hair a lot of suppliers include tip weight so you don't get as much hair so with TJ it's sold in weight and it's bulk = more hair for your money.

I don't order via the website this is because I always do there custom blend option, they have my card details so I take a small sample cutting from my clients hair stick it in some blutack and cello tape it to a letter with details of what I want and my details when they get it they'll take the payment and then post it out. I've never had a problem with them matching up the colour (inc highlights and bright purple!) - really simple. Give them a call and set up an account, there prices are cheaper going direct rather then on the website xx

Oh my goodness this is an amazing service if it works well. I use my own brand of hair extensions but sometimes have to use other brands so will definitely look into Tasha jacks xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What would you say the quality is like now? I heard it went down hill for a while so never ended up ordering from them!

I use Tasha jacks religiously -you pay for what you get quality wise.

The Asian hair lasts around 3months, the Russian lasts around 9months.
The most Iv ever had to order is 125g of there hair for a very thick full head-
The picture Iv attached is around 100g as I had some left over x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1424821622.459303.jpg

Does the Russian only last 9 months? Virgin Russian can last upto 2 yrs ? Is it 100% russian?

I had Tasha Jacks, the quality is amazing.. Apart from the natural shedding and needing to have a top up, the hair itself was used for 21 months, I could still re-fit but I love nano rings so have had to change suppliers which I'm gutted about tbh, there's just no comparison with other brands :( I do still have the Tasha Jack hair sat in a bag in the hope it could be converted for nanos :D

I originally had 100g fit and it was more than enough, lovely and thick, I was told 125g would be about right for thick hair, mine is quite fine.

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have been using Tasha Jacks hair for many years. This really is amazing quality hair. Many of my clients wear the European hair that has a beautiful bounce curl through the bottom and they tend to have it in for around 9-12 months ( a few have have worn it for 14 months+). Russian hair I find tends to last on average between 12-16 months.

Emily S there are plenty of people who offer tipping services and would convert to nanos for you :)

I must add, that the majority of my clients prefer the European hair to the Russian, because of the beautiful bounce curl through the bottom section!

I have been using Tasha Jacks hair for many years. This really is amazing quality hair. Many of my clients wear the European hair that has a beautiful bounce curl through the bottom and they tend to have it in for around 9-12 months ( a few have have worn it for 14 months+). Russian hair I find tends to last on average between 12-16 months.

Emily S there are plenty of people who offer tipping services and would convert to nanos for you :)

I must add, that the majority of my clients prefer the European hair to the Russian, because of the beautiful bounce curl through the bottom section!
My extensionist usually tips for the micros but doesn't know how to for the nanos, I'll have ri have a search and see if I can find anyone xx

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back