Teaching small groups?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sukic

Reaction score
Someone recently told me that you can teach small groups (under 6 people) continuing education without PTLLS. Is this right? Does anyone know? I can't seem to find anything online. I'd like to start teaching deep tissue and pregnancy massage. I'll also need to get accredited. Does anyone teach that has the foggiest idea or could point me in the right direction please.

From what I have learnt, you can teach refresher courses without any training except in the thing you are teaching. This assumes that the person you are training already holds a qualification in the subject. So you would help a qualified waxer enhance his or her skills but you wouldn't be teaching them from scratch.

To teach a course that then needs to be accredited by an insurance company, you need to have pttlls. This is according to BABTAC but you may find an insurance company that will accredit your course without pttls but your students may then be limited in who they can get insurance with.

There have also been instances in the past where therapists think they are insured only to find they're not so you need to be sure of your facts.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks so much. Maybe I just need to call Babtac or the Guild to see what's what. I mainly do massage, tons of it actually and like to think I'm pretty nifty at it after 10 years experience. Thanks again. :)

Sent from my GT-I9301I using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back