Underlying pigment chart

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndigoBlue

Reaction score
Hello,
I would like to have an actual physical underlying pigment chart that shows the pigments in hair during lifting/colouring. I have seen an educator online that charges more than my whole colour chart and I have seen Wella do one but are not answering my email. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? I'll try and add a photo of the sort of thing I mean. Thanks.

Attachments

• pigment chart.jpg
    pigment chart.jpg
    975.4 KB · Views: 57
I had one just like that years ago from Matrix but I’ve not bought a new chart recently so I don’t know who might offer them currently.

They seem to be like gold dust! I'm a bit of a colour nerd and I think it would be a great addition when explaining to a client when their dream colour is not quite possible in one appointment or just to explain the process with more clarity. Please let me know if you do come across one that's not £40 which is more than my fully up to date colour chart! Thanks for replying.

Make your own with an old colour chart if you have one :p

Good thinking,I'm a perfectionist (arrrghhhwww) and it won't look as 'flash' as a properly laid out one. Capital seems to think that I need to have a Wella rep to get one,I'm on a mission!!!

Contact the customer service line and see if they can suply you with one :)

Yes I think I will,I was being cowardly by messaging via email,worried I'll get a Wella 'test' if i call up 😁

I got one from my wella rep. It came with my initial opening order. Hopefully you can find a rep to get one from.

Thank you,I will give them a ring but I think I will need to make an order but

UPDATE. I have a Wella account but I usually buy from the wholesalers as I don't use a great deal of their products.
I called customer services with my Wella account number at the ready to be told that you don't pay for the colour charts (that's why they are not listed on the website) but you get them free when you make your first order over £100. I'm a bit snookered as I only use their colour motion range if not then INNOluxe.
I'd better get busy with the sticky backed plastic and swatches after all!

UPDATE. I have a Wella account but I usually buy from the wholesalers as I don't use a great deal of their products.
I called customer services with my Wella account number at the ready to be told that you don't pay for the colour charts (that's why they are not listed on the website) but you get them free when you make your first order over £100. I'm a bit snookered as I only use their colour motion range if not then INNOluxe.
I'd better get busy with the sticky backed plastic and swatches after all!

Would you consider buying some shampoo and styling products to bump up your order to get the free charts?

I sometimes give out samples in small bottles of decent shampoo and conditioner to new colour clients to move them away from the cheap brands that strip their colour. Providing ‘added value’ is something that helps to keep clients loyal.

Would you consider buying some shampoo and styling products to bump up your order to get the free charts?

I sometimes give out samples in small bottles of decent shampoo and conditioner to new colour clients to move them away from the cheap brands that strip their colour. Providing ‘added value’ is something that helps to keep clients loyal.

Thanks that is a good idea but in the end I actually went ahead and bought the 'Colour Solutions' chart after shipping the total was £33.00.

That is a great idea though,I have thought about offering clients retail but in my mind I would prefer something like Neal and Wolf that have a great concept.
A website where you have your own account and clients buy their aftercare and you get a percentage-rather than hauling everything about in the boot. In an ideal world I would love to retail but it's the extra work of stocking and ordering along with the possibility of dead stock. I'm still waiting for an ARG so funds are a bit adrift at the minute! 😕

Latest posts

Back