Teenage boys starting shaving?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justnailart

Reaction score
Hi, bit of a random one, but my boy is 15 and is getting quite close to needing a shave. So I'm just wondering, what is the best to start with, electric or a wet razor? Also, some of his beard is still quite fine. Is it best to wait till it thickens up a bit, if that makes sense! Just want to do what is best for his skin. Thanks. 😊

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Best to start with electric razor x

Yeah, I was thinking that. Is it true that shaving with an electric razor causes in growing hairs? Or is that a myth? He has lovely skin, don't want him to loose his baby face! Lol!

Whatever method he choses it is really important that he has fantastic skincare routine with it. Dermalogica do a range called shave it may be worth getting him a skin kit with all the shave products in it for £25. It will have all the essentials and hopefully get him on his way to perfectly shaved skin xx

I would recommend electric shaving. It's not as close as a wet shave, but my skin was a hundred times better after going electric! Decleor have a whole mens range that is very good for shaving, including a pre-shave cleansing scrub, a shaving oil, a shaving foam, aftershave cream etc.

Thank you. Electric it is, then! So what products would be best to start with when using electric? Sorry, but I know nothing about men's skin care apart from shaving foam and aftershave!

Latest posts

Back