Teeth whitening course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clairegrahambeauty

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to Salon Geek so apologies if I am posting this in the wrong place!
I am looking to do a cosmetic teeth whitening course and wondered if anyone could recommend any good companies to do my training through? I have had a look through old posts and not really found much. I have found some companies online but all with extreme positive and negative feedback. I would just like a genuine recommendation if possible.
And PLEASE no one saying that this treatment isn't legal...I've already researched it and if I had ANY doubts, I would not jeopardise my business.
Thank you in advance

Wow. You must be the most annoying person ever...why would you even take the time to put that after reading my enquiry?

How incredibly rude. A wonderful way to start your time on SG and expect assistance. Perhaps Attitude responded that way to reinforce some important information.
Either way you can disagree with manners

How incredibly rude. A wonderful way to start your time on SG and expect assistance. Perhaps Attitude responded that way to reinforce some important information.
Either way you can disagree with manners
I have read through SO many posts with people giving their opinion about teeth whitening being legal. I SPECIFICALLY said that I didn't want to hear about that and its wasting my time and clogging up the thread. I had a question and if its not too much trouble I would appreciate an answer to that question...otherwise it was a bit pointless me asking it, wouldn't you agree?

I have read through SO many posts with people giving their opinion about teeth whitening being legal. I SPECIFICALLY said that I didn't want to hear about that and its wasting my time and clogging up the thread. I had a question and if its not too much trouble I would appreciate an answer to that question...otherwise it was a bit pointless me asking it, wouldn't you agree?

Good grief. Why do you want to spend money on a course that is in fact (not opinion) ILLEGAL for anyone apart from dental practitioners to carry out?

Good grief. Why do you want to spend money on a course that is in fact (not opinion) ILLEGAL for anyone apart from dental practitioners to carry out?
Actually your wrong...but thank you, all three of you for your help. It was invaluable.

In fact, I could have said a whole lot more. I chose to simply present you with the facts.

By all means: break the law. Good Lord.

Actually your wrong...but thank you, all three of you for your help. It was invaluable.

Interesting. It's a shame you didn't get the responses you were looking for. Would you care to share your knowledge? This is a learning environment and I'm sure we'd like to be as informed as you are.

Teeth whitening IS illegal, no matter what anyone says about not touching the patients mouth etc.

And just say if it was true, what exactly would the course be in when your not allowed to touch the patient, equipment or give any advice?

OP you can take a course but they won't be treatments that work, that's how they get around the law. They just irritate the gums to make them redder, hence the teeth look whiter.

Even if the majority of people on here are wrong about beauticians being able to provide this treatment as we have interpreted the information available incorrectly, why would you want to provide a treatment that 'could' 'maybe' 'possibly' be illegal?
There are course out there to choose from BUT who will insure you to provide the treatment.
Anyone can set up a course and give you a certificate but if it's not accredited and you can't get insurance what's the point?
My dentist goes insane if I ever speak to him about it.

Even if the majority of people on here are wrong about beauticians being able to provide this treatment as we have interpreted the information available incorrectly, why would you want to provide a treatment that 'could' 'maybe' 'possibly' be illegal?
There are course out there to choose from BUT who will insure you to provide the treatment.
Anyone can set up a course and give you a certificate but if it's not accredited and you can't get insurance what's the point?
My dentist goes insane if I ever speak to him about it.

It's funny... Since the OP hasn't yet responded to my query, and probably won't, I had a nosy on good old google to find the answer to your exact question- Insurance!

And did come across one company that claim to provide completely legal training, and provide full insurance for cosmetic whitening for non-dental pros.
Probably still trying to flog that dead horse about the EU Directive on Teeth Whitening having more authority over the GDC and the House of Lords.

I shall comment no more lol

There's a girl near me who is a 'teeth whitening technician' and I'm a bit conflicted about it [emoji20] I feel like she could hurt someone or damage someone's teeth and should be stopped but then I haven't reported her because I dot want to be malicious. [emoji26]

There's a girl near me who is a 'teeth whitening technician' and I'm a bit conflicted about it [emoji20] I feel like she could hurt someone or damage someone's teeth and should be stopped but then I haven't reported her because I dot want to be malicious. [emoji26]

Totally understand your very valid reason but what about the potential poor person who's mouth is in agony due to the tech not being properly equipped , can you not report anonymously [emoji106][emoji106]

Totally understand your very valid reason but what about the potential poor person who's mouth is in agony due to the tech not being properly equipped , can you not report anonymously [emoji106][emoji106]
Yeah I can but I don't know I just feel all conflicted and like I'm being sour grapes because she's another beauty therapist, even though she doesn't seem to do a lot apart from every now and then you see stupid cheap offers for spray tans and nails for no money, I thought people would be smart enough not to let someone come to their house and touch their teeth but obviously not [emoji17]
Arghh I just don't know.

I guy near me got prosecuted a few months ago. I think he even made it on to local news!!

Latest posts

Back