Teeth whitening

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xAnnaBannAx

Reaction score
Was wondering if any geeks have had their teeth whitened by laser or by other and do you have any recommendations as I would love to get my teeth whitened...it might motivate me to quick smoking and drinking tea as well! lol

Hey hun

I'm trained to do teeth whitening and have had my teeth whitened.

It's a common misconception that the laser whitening is better than a home kit, it's not, just far more expensive!

There r 3 ways 2 whiten your teeth:

1) Just with laser

2) Laser then using the home kit for 6 days

3) Using the home kit for 2 - 3 weeks

The worst result will be option 1. Purely using the laser will not get ur teeth as white as possible. No 2 and 3 will get u similar results, but no 3 is the best option.

The main differences between 2 and 3 is time and money. If u go with the laser then u don't have to use the home kit for so long, some people find the home kit a pain.

Also if u have sensitive teeth, 3 is the best option. When using the laser u put a much stronger solution and it can b painful for the 24 hours afterwards for some people.

PM me if u want a good home kit I recommend, the dentist ones r really expensive because they make u fitted trays for your teeth. The home kits come with trays that u mould 2 ur teeth which do the job perfectly.

Also, a lot of people don't tell u this because they want u 2 go back. Once u hav got ur teeth as white as possible, it's like a tan, it's best to keep it top uped so it never fades.

I was told to whiten my teeth for one night a month at home using the trays to keep my teeth white. But I think once every 6 months is fine.

Hope that helps

Yolanda x

Tooth whitening, is a common procedure in general dentistry but most especially in the field of cosmetic dentistry. The whitening process is effective on most discolored teeth. Darker stains, such as those caused by antibiotics are more difficult to whiten. The degree of whiteness will vary from patient to patient, depending on the structure of the tooth.

I've had my teeth whitened using the bleaching trays and solution from the dentist, I was really impressed with the results and would definately recommend it.

The best part is it was a freebie offered if you joined my dentists dental plan, so I'm paying £9 a month for a year and have sparkly teeth, 2 free checkups a year and something like 20% off any treatment I need. :green:

Latest posts

Back