Teeth whitening

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sessywoo

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Iv just registered and would like to say a quick hello. Hello!! :).
I was hoping for some help, my next training id like to do is teeth whitening. It's not a cheap course, so I really want to make sure I train with a good company. Does anyone know of any advise or a good company to go with?
Thank you xx

Oh god, this sounds awful! I'm pretty sure in 2001 the law changed and it was decided that teeth whitening is more of a cosmetic treatment rather then a medical and as long as the products are non peroxide it's legal. There are so many around and the therapists at beauty shows arnt medically trained. It obviously need some proper investigating and looking into before. Xx

Definitely NOT legal. My friend is a dentist and is 100% on this I'm afraid

I am fully trained with them however I would not recommend them at all and I am looking to change to a competitor! Their lack in training is very poor and their office staff say very contradictory things to persuade you to train with them. Since doing my training I have had nothing but problems.. only 1 methods of teeth whitening is taught however I was told we would be educated in 2, things in my kit were missing and wrong and I still haven't received my lamp which means I am unable to carry out the treatment. I have chased this up many times and just get fobbed off all the time and the delivery dates for my lamp are forever being put back.. so far I have had to cancel 5 clients due to their lack of communication and organisation skills.. absolutely fuming and would definitely not recommend!

Sorry was meant to say I am trained with LoveLite

If you are considering buying into a tooth whitening company BEWARE you are allowed to be a stockist/reseller BUT IT IS ILLEGAL TO TREAT A CLIENT.
After investing into a 'company' who gave me a YouTube video of 2.48 minutes training and who gives absolutely NO backup I was told by GDC THAT I WOULD BE PROSECUTED UP TO £5K if I treated a client.
The owners of the so called company, certainly talk a good talk and yes they are legal BUT they are conning you to buy into a business package that you can't actually legally use!
The national papers and the police are looking into this and hopefully these 'COWBOYS' will be stopped ASAP!

Thanks missymoopompey, you are so right, I think all tooth whitening companies should be banned from the PB shows and be held accountable, until it is crystal clear and endorsed by the GDP. Tooth whitening companies really do convince you that it is ok to do it, that it's easy money, great profits etc., etc., but it is not. They haven't had any problem because they are selling to us, it's us that put our necks on the block. Doesn't matter if there is no peroxide and if it is self administered, like you I got a letter from the GDC telling me I'd get a £5k fine. I've got onto Trading Standards now and the GDC, and ActionFraud to see if I can get any money back. You only have to Google teeth whitening and read some of the awful stuff that has happened to people - I don't just mean fines, people with mouth burns, whiteness not lasting, the list just goes on and on.

Forgot to say STEER CLEAR OF ALL TOOTH WHITENING AT PB. I complained to the Managing Director and the press office about a particular company and they are still being allowed to exhibit at the show.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back