Terrible extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Helen Faye

Reaction score
Here are some extensions I brought and fitted for a client, she wore them for 3 days and washed them once. A lot of colour ran out and now they don't match. I have returned and explained all this to the supplier and have sent them pictures, to be told they can't see anything wrong with them. I'm a freelance hairdresser and cannot afford the costs this has caused but I have paid out to refund my client to save upset to her and me from a bad reputation. I want to make others aware as this has caused so much upset and money, mainly due to the ignorance from the supplier. Helen xx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1440228188.892659.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1440228224.491611.jpg

Not sure if you can name and shame on here but there does seem to be a lot of extension supplier drama on salon geek. Maybe search for your suppliers name on here and see what others have done.

Was there no chance for you to be able to recolour them?

I offered to colour them for my client but she wasn't happy that the colour came out in one wash so asked for them to be removed and refunded. She was worried they were just no good xx

Why not just colour them? I would of just put a colour on them. Rather than stressing out etc. also are you sure your client hasn't used Pantene or something? It would fade the colour straight away!

Agree ^ its not the end of the world. Put a colour over it? Though I would check what shampoo she has used too. Also teach her to blow dry hair extensions and hair correctly as the way she has let them dry is terrible. A good round brush would smooth that over lovely.

She's a hairdresser herself so she's pretty good at styling her extensions. She used the shampoo & conditioner I recommended, she paid enough for the hair so it shouldn't have to be dyed again at extra cost xx

What hair did you use? I'm looking for a new supplier, so this will be a good one to avoid!

Looks like it needs blow dried and smoothed. Her own hair too. Extensions quality looks good. Nothing a quick colour wouldn't of fixed. Ask your supplier to send 100 free strands in your next order or something. A good supplier should.

I've just ordered from Holsam and fitting them on Tuesday, they feel nice and look thick so fingers crossed xx

I would certainly not be impressed as the hair looks dreadful after a few days wear I would have wanted it replacing too if I'm honest ,have you returned the hair to the supplier? Its all good saying dye it but most hair suppliers advise you not to as its at own risk

Yes returned to the supplier, with pictures but they've responded to say there is nothing wrong with them xx

Hmmmm i think i have seen u post before and i had same prob in my own hair... 3 days later i washed with shamp and cond supplied and they went like this i have been totally fobbed off by them and it very well known company ...i have been a qualified extensionist and hairdresser 15 yrs and never experienced this.. I blowdried and smoothed it out and even wen straightened the hair felt dry and frizzed up during tge day as in pic .

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear you've had the same problem too, they look awful hope you get a refund of some sort, they've been out right rude and ignorant to me xx

Hair candy I'll in box you the name of the company as I've been made aware they are in salon geek under different names xx

If anyone asks I will inbox them, also I've tried to contact them through Facebook and Twitter to make people aware aswell. Needless to say everything gets removed

Hair candy I'll in box you the name of the company as I've been made aware they are in salon geek under different names xx
Nearly everyone on here that gushes over a certain supplier is actually the supplier.

Several Brands are doing it and it's really obvious when you have been on here a while. They deny it ofcourse.

Look at people's previous posts and you will see the ones that mentions their "favourite" brand in every post and love jumping on threads that are complaining about other brands.

Could you inbox me your supplier? Weve Had a similar problem too x

Have inboxed you ashleg2610 xx

Helen could you inbox me also, i have just started out and want to make sure i do not use this supplier x

If anyone else would like more info, please contact the OP directly by way of PM. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back