The best and worst of spray tanning!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mimo9

Reaction score
Just wondered if some of you wanted to share some of your best and worst spray tan experiences on here, funny or otherwise! They'll maybe make us all feel a litle more human knowing that it's not just happening to us. I've had a few memorable moments so far in my short spray tanning career and my post about my 82 year old client at the weekend was definitely one....but here's another to get the ball rolling:

One of my worst heart stopping moments so far was the lady who turned up for her appointment and then came out of the changing room and told me she had recently lost over half of her body weight...a mere 13 stone :eek:. While it was AMAZING that she had managed this I did nearly die of shock at the sight of all her loose skin...but not for any other reason other than I knew it would be a nightmare to spray evenly....and trust me it was! She was really lovely and said that she understood that it would not be a perfect tan as there were too many folds of skin and so much of it was rubbing together but that she wanted to try one as she was trying lots of new things!! I did the best I could and on a baking hot day...typical! She genuinely left happy but if I'm honest that was easily my worst spray tan moment to date. My funniest had to be the lady that was breast-feeding her baby and had milk spurting out of her nipples! Both of us were in hysterics by the end of it...and trust me her boobs were definitely still white at the end. No way was I spraying them!!!!!!!! Oh and I've had a lady who came out of the changing room naked but with the paper pants on her head....honestly!!!! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Lordy, this is going to be a funny thread I can tell.

I use a thin layer of Vaseline on palms and ALWAYS say "now you have this on you palms please do not touch anywhere until I've cleaned it or anywhere you tough won't pick up the tan" anyway one day when i asked tthe client to bend forward slightly so I could get the 'smile' under the buttocks she put both her hands on her bum to lift her buttocks up! She was left with comedy white hand marks on her bum. Thankfully she was our nail tech at the time and found it hysterical.

Second not so funny, a regular male tanning client came in for a treatment, I always left it to him to cover his palms and nails with Vaseline so I wasn't crouching to close on the floor by his pant area! I tapped on the door and said 'can I come in' as I went in he had one leg up on the widow sil, stark naked with his meat and veg swinging. I asked him to get dressed and I'd be back! Politely told him that his behaviour wasn't accepted and he'd need to find a new therapist. ;)

Brilliant...or not in the case of the male client....eurgh! Yes hopefully this will make us giggle or maybe it will unite us all in misery :wink2:

Oh Lordy, this is going to be a funny thread I can tell.

I use a thin layer of Vaseline on palms and ALWAYS say "now you have this on you palms please do not touch anywhere until I've cleaned it or anywhere you tough won't pick up the tan" anyway one day when i asked tthe client to bend forward slightly so I could get the 'smile' under the buttocks she put both her hands on her bum to lift her buttocks up! She was left with comedy white hand marks on her bum. Thankfully she was our nail tech at the time and found it hysterical.

Second not so funny, a regular male tanning client came in for a treatment, I always left it to him to cover his palms and nails with Vaseline so I wasn't crouching to close on the floor by his pant area! I tapped on the door and said 'can I come in' as I went in he had one leg up on the widow sil, stark naked with his meat and veg swinging. I asked him to get dressed and I'd be back! Politely told him that his behaviour wasn't accepted and he'd need to find a new therapist. ;)

Ooh dear :eek: thats horride...well handled though :)

Lol the pants on head made me laugh out lol haha!xx

The pants on the head really made me chuckle... Haha!
I need more of these stories, I'm in a giggly mood tonight lol x

The pants on the head really made me chuckle... Haha!
I need more of these stories, I'm in a giggly mood tonight lol x

Yep me too! Keep 'em coming pleeeeassee xx

I tapped on the door and said 'can I come in' as I went in he had one leg up on the widow sil, stark naked with his meat and veg swinging. I asked him to get dressed and I'd be back! Politely told him that his behaviour wasn't accepted and he'd need to find a new therapist. ;)

Oh my lord, hahahaha!!!!

Not had too many but only one that really sticks out was a lady had the paper underwear on back to front,didn't have the heart to tell her!! But she did ask me at the end and I did say yes,both found it funny lol...also a client left the salon with the hair net on,I don't really take notice as used to looking at them with it on,was only when she went out the door I realised and had to chase after her lol xx

Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

Oh wow Mimo9 remind me never to relocate to North Yorkshire. You seem to get all kinds up there. You have come across more "eccentrics":wink2: in a short time than some of us who have been around for yonks. It did make me giggle though.

Oh wow Mimo9 remind me never to relocate to North Yorkshire. You seem to get all kinds up there. You have come across more "eccentrics":wink2: in a short time than some of us who have been around for yonks. It did make me giggle though.

Too right! My friends are loving the tales and say they are going to start hiring me out at parties! Got to admit it is quite a funny profession and you do see some sights. Love it to bits though :lol:

Latest posts

Back