The best place to buy scissors is????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebekah

Reaction score
hello i have recently completed my Level 1 hairdressing NVQ and am startin my Level 2

i would like to know where is the best place to buy scissors

if anyone can help me it would be much appreciated

Thanks Rebekah

hi there can i ask u are u left handed or right handed may seem wierd to ask but important when choosing scissors i went to my local hairdressers suppliers you maybe able to hold them before buying
take your student card u will be able to discount when buying them lol
you will need a pair of thinning scissors too :hug:hope this helps

I have just started level 2 ,i agree with dee i got mine from my local hairdresser suppliers, they where very helpful and let me hold a few pairs to get comfy with.....and also the size which i am using 5" at the mo, as still hacking myself too bits

Aaaghh Joanne , I hate cutting myself Ive gone all cringey and shivery now :lol:

Ill do anything not to cut myself ,

I am paranoid about cutting myself I chip out and not in , :lol:
and I won't go too near the fingers plus I wont take wide sections , so I don't nip the web of my fingers ,

I do cut myself or do a small running slice across the finger but usually only around once or a year twice a year thank goodness :green:

This link may help with buying your scissors Rebekah

I find joewell scissors the most reliable. I have these ones in 5.5 and they are great for all point cutting.
ZII from Salons Direct Online.

it is better if you can, to get a feel of the scissors but to be honest until you start cutting with them you can never really tell if they are the right ones for you.

Donna x
I totally agree with this joewell are great scissors I use the classic 5.5 too but the clam ones look fab as well

Jaguar are the ones I had before that , I sent them back to the factory for their free sharpening service , I must say they were like new again :)

they put them through their factory sharpening process that all the new scissors go through they also oiled , re set them and put on a new silencer, and to be honest I thought that they would never be the same again (as always with scissor sharpening ) but no I was totally amazed Jaguar are brill for its back to factory free scissor sharpening service I now have two pairs of great scissors:green:

thank you for the link ill check it out and i am right handed

so u say i will need thinning scissors and cutting scissors will i need any other type of scissors???

Rebekah xx

Hi , well if you are doing ordinary cutting you can use serrated edged scissors but if you are slither cutting which you will be doing in the near future,
you will need some without a serrated edge or you will get drag ,
so you could just buy a pair of slicy scissors with a razor ground solid edge which will do both jobs ,

I use jaguar satin plus or joewell classic for all cutting techniques :hug: x

and i can get them anywhere yes?? :)

I got mine from Salons Direct the jaguar satin plus and the joewells from sally but most reputable wholsalers sell them , look out for offers

mine are 5- 1/2 inch but some hairdressers like 5 inch so go for what feels comfy for you , try them in your hands :hug:

ok thanks very much for your help

is there anywhere i can get the butterfly clips (sectioning clips) because i cant find any

you can get anything you need at your local cash and carry personally i dont like buying over the net you could also invest in a cutting coller used instead of towels while cutting

the local wholesalers is best or coolblades.co.uk is good

Do you buy direct of jaguar for the free sharpening service?? Or can you get them from wholesalers and then send them off:confused:

Do you buy direct of jaguar for the free sharpening service?? Or can you get them from wholesalers and then send them off:confused:

Hi sarahpoppy, if you go to Salons Direct and pick up a hair catalouge its called Head to Head ,
and the beauty one is called Top to Toe .

In here you will see lots loads of scissors to choose from ,
and it tells you all about the free scissor sharpening service in the catalouge too,
just make sure you keep your receipt for future reference ,
oh and Salons Direct send them off back to the factory for you ( they did for me anyways ) hth :hug:

HI
i very much recommend going to a local cash and carry and actually holding the scissors they are a very personal thing and the most important item you own. If you buy them off the net you cannot hold them and (sorry to any posties out there) but you should see how badly post is treated :o!. jaguar sharpening scissor service is available from all jaguar sellers.
hope this helps

Hi, if you go to Salons Direct , you can of course pick up lots of pairs of scissors while you are there and feel them in your hands, as they have very large cash and carry attached,

I don't usually order through the post unless I want a specific item,
and then I will usually pick it up from them at the store as its free of charge.

I mostly use the cash and carry thats attached,
but sometimes its great to browse in the catalouge first just to have a look and pick out what you like first and at what price you may like.
( Its great for reference too ) you will love it lol x

They also have large displays of scissors in the showcase at the cash and carry, and if they haven't got the specific ones in that you want ,
you can order them from the catalouge,
they can come to your own address for a small charge,
or to the the cash and carry for you to pick up at no extra charge at all

also you can go inside and ask to hold the ones you like .
Hope I've made this a bit more clear now , lol x :smack: x

Ps remember to take some ID that will show you are at college or a hairdresser to any of the above stores, so you can get your hairdressers discount ,
I tend to buy scissors on the VAT free days
that most stores offer :hug: x

Hi,

i get all my stuff from Capital Hair and Beauty and i know that they have scissors as well. I got a flyer in the post the other day and there were some Joewell Classic Pink Scissors in there reduced from £102 to £89.95 which is a good saving!
have a look on their website as they are on there at the reduced price as well. Capital Hair & Beauty Ltd - Hairdressing & Beauty Wholesalers

Hi I find the best place to get scissors and all other salon related products is www.coolblades.co.uk their service is second to none and do scissor sharpening with a free post service.
Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back