The BOM?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 3 for 2 offers are only introductory offers, I only had to do offers when I first started - the Clients are mine then, and then I charge them my own personal rate. The wine and chocs etc were all supplied by the bom when I first joined them. Not sure about Drive Dynamics - I believe they are separate?

I added this to my previous post but in that time you'd replied...

If you have done 56 shellacs, & you are paying them £80 per week, even being very generous & thinking that fuel costs you as little as £1 per appointment... In 12 weeks you havent actually made a penny in profit, in fact you owe yourself around £64 just from those 56 appointments, that isnt including paying yourself for your time.

Obviously if there is an introductory offer of less than £80 per week you maybe in a small profit... But that wont last forever.

The only good things I see, are that they are then your clients & you can charge more after their 1st appointment.

Im not slating you personally, as I said I hope you succeed with them. It just doesn't come up great when doing the numbers.

My working out:

56 clients x £20 (shellac/spray tan) = £1,120.

12 weeks x £80 = £960

£1,120 - £960 = £160.

So £160 / 56 = £2.85 for fuel AND products. You are immediately loosing money & giving your time for free.

Even at £60 per week it's £7.14 per appointment to cover products & fuel...

£70 per week £5 per appointment to cover products & fuel.

There is no 'wage' or should I say profit for your time.

I can see why it would feel like you are earning money with over £1,000 coming your way, but its not covering the basics.
Xx

Last edited:
Your figures are all good, but I don't just do Shellac - i do various other treatments with much higher profit margins. If I do 1 facial, 1 massage and 1 Shellac a day, then my franchise fee for the week is paid and everything else for the rest of the week is mine. The money that I pay for my franchise fee is considerably less than I was paying when I rented a room in a salon - which offered me no guarantee of any Clients. Most of the clients that they have sent me stay with me, and I continue to rebook them as well as receiving a steady stream of new clients from the BOM. When I was renting a room, I was paying my room rent, I had to pay for all my own advertising, and I had no guarantee that I would get anything for it. Now I have good clients who return every couple of weeks, and its my business - I work the hours I want to suit my family, and I don't work for anyone else.

No, I did the lower price treatments they offer... As im not sure if their guarantee states what services they will provide you with.

With the room rental, you don't have the added cost of fuel per treatment, you don't have a 12 month contract. You don't have the added travel time.

I realise so far they have provided you with enough to cover their costs at the very least, which is better than the average of 100 clients per year (£2000 min) they guarantee you but ask for over double that in return.... Can you see how that looks risky to sign up for for 12 months? & how some people may well end up out of pocket?

Ok, lets say they supply you with 2x facials per week, 2x full body massage & 2 x shellac so enough to cover them & earn yourself the same, you then need your money divided by 6 & to include products, fuel & time for all 6.

But if it suits you all is well & good.

Xx

Last edited:
i am a full time mobile beauty therapist and wouldn't be where i am today, Successful and passionate, helping others feel positive using my skills with out The Bom.
my experiance so far with The Bom...beauty on the move has been fantastic they have supported me from the begginging helping me set up a business...providing me with all my marketing/advertising flyers, business cards, sign written car, pop up shops for all franchisee's, social media updates, website management. my uniform, towels, online diary, treatment training and kits are all provided too! all for a small fee each week i love working with The Bom team my own boss with a lot of support working along side other therapists doing Bom parties are fantastic! helping each other promote our shared business..I earn a great wage doing what I enjoy and TheBom have helped me do so :)

Joined here just to bring up an old thread & advertise? 👍 x

When I joined BOM I had all he normal misgivings, would they find me enough work, was this just a scam, I made sure I could leave if I felt it wasn't for me, so armed with this security I entered into a contract with them.
Joining BOM was the best thing I ever did. They not only helped my grown my Buisness by promoting me and developing my skills, but i made real friends within their office. Without them I would still be struggling to build up my clientele, but because of them and the recommendations I received from satisfied clients I can support my self and my family happily while being self employed, working the hours I want to. They easily covered the franchise fee with the amount of work they were sending me, and because I could pick my own hours it made organising work at round my home life so easy

But be warned this is for people who want to work hard to succeed. After all Nothing worth having ever came easily.

So how do clients find the bom? I've never seen it advertised. Where do they get all their clients from? I'm sorry, I am very dubious and have doubts that the above post is a genuine experience.

So how do clients find the bom? I've never seen it advertised. Where do they get all their clients from? I'm sorry, I am very dubious and have doubts that the above post is a genuine experience.

It doesn't seem it to me.
You can tell by how it's written.

Yes, that and the fact it's only the OPs 2nd post. The first post also smells of a sales pitch. Call me cynical.

yep op's 2nd post.

Both posts saying how fantastic the BOM are..

I better sign up:D

Be quick! You're missing out!

I live in leeds and I sometimes see there adverts pop up on my Facebook as things I may like. My friend was thinking about joining but when she looked into reviews and fees etc she just didn't think it was worth it. Good idea but you could probably pay to sponsor your Facebook page and get new clients that way rather than being tied into a year's contract xx

Sent from my SM-T530 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back